What Book Are You Currently Reading ?

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i didn't see a thread on here so i figured why not create one? anyways on Monday i started i dunno if anyone on here reads her? but Patrica Cornwell's (1996) book Cause of Death it's the
7th book in The Kay Scarpetta Series. i just started reading her early last year in fact. i read 5 of her's last year. 1 this year and this would be the 7th so far. i haven't read anything outside of
this series yet. but at some point i will no doubt. anyways so far this is a really damn good book.

the last one From Potter's Field another old one from (1995) was a really good one too.
so far this one is too, i'm on Chapter 11 page #196 out of #332 it's in paperback form. yes i still read those and i prefer it in fact. but i also have it on my kindle in case i go anywhere and don't feel like taking my paperback with me. what's anyone else reading? anything good? or bad? hopefully good!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This year I have read quite a few books. I discovered the author Ira Levin, who wrote the novel Rosemary's Baby and then found out that he also wrote many other books that were turned into films. I read two of his novels, Rosemary's Baby and The Stepford Wives and I really enjoyed his style of writing, I also bought his book The Boys From Brazil which I haven't read yet. I read Richard Matheson's I Am Legend and a Victorian gothic Vampire story, Carmilla by J. Sheridan La Fanu.

And then there were a few nonfiction books too, I read Diahann Carroll's autobiography. Joan Collins' The World According to Joan, a book on the history of PWL and SAW music, and I have been reading very slowly a book on Phil Spector, Tearing Down The Wall of Sound.
The reason I have been reading that last one slowly is because a good deal of the beginning of the book has nothing to do with his music, which I wanted to read about.

I also have The Dynasty Years by Jostein Gripsrud to read still, but the book seems so... dry. It's like a big chunky school text book and doesn't seem that interesting. I'm probably wrong about that though.

And of course lastly... Claire Richards autobiography. Which I am saving for a really REALLY rainy day.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Listening to Leif GW Persson crime novels on audiobooks. He's my favorite crime fiction author (except for Balderson, below), as he's a good storyteller and he knows wtf he's talking about, being a professor in criminology. One of Sweden's most known and beloved persons.

Reading Bo Balderson's humorous crime novels. Respected/loved by above author/professor GW Persson.
"Bo Balderson" is one of Sweden's best kept secrets. It's a pseudonym for someone. Only 3 people knows the true identity. It will be revealed when he/she dies. Since the first of the 11 novels came out in the late 1960s, the author is most likely over the age of 70.
The novels star the politically useless, but publically adored, "The Cabinet Minister" (we never learns his name) and his poor hypocondric brother-in-law, a teacher, who he drags with him everywhere to solve murder cases using crazy, often illegal, methods. Hysterically funny novels. Laughing out loud funny.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it's nice to see that people here are reading and hopefully not everyone here is not just reading digital stuff either but actual novels. having said that there are 2 of them i'm currently reading, 1. The Source Of Magic and old one from (1979) and it's the 2nd Book in his Xanth Series i've read it before but not for years. the other is i bought Brian Wilson's book I am Brian Wilson on Friday. that just came out on the 11th. and i'm on Chapter 2 on both books. i started reading The Source of Magic 1st though. both books i bought on Friday. The Source of Magic was on paperback though since the hardback i think is hard to find now.

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm just coming to the end of "Famous Five Go To Demon's Rocks"

I have to say that Dick and Julian really are a couple of cards.

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Really enjoying it, Kev. I'll be moving on to Secret Seven Catch A Gang Of Nasty Robbers as soon as I've finished it. Don't give the plot away if you've already read it.

Kevmac

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
I shan't, Sir..... as those loveable Public Schoolies would say themselves...... o_O:D

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
A right couple of hardcases are Julian and Dick. Especially big, burly Julian.