What would have made Bliss more interesting?

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Was she particularly slutty? I can't even remember...

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Bliss should have developed a serious cocaine habit to block out the memories of what her uncle (Connie's husband) did to her. She would run away from rehab and, surprisingly, kick her drug habit with the help of a bohemian group of friends she meets in the desert.
Spahn Ranch 2.jpg

However things don't go so well and Bliss finds herself in legal trouble due to the actions of her new "family". Jason would spend a considerable amount of money on lawyers and therapists to keep Bliss out of jail. She would then join a quasi-religious organization after falling under the spell of a diminutive, charismatic closeted movie star.
Scientology 2.jpg

Bliss would marry another member of the organization (another closeted movie star) but eventually leave the group and her husband after she catches him in flagrante with his co-pilot. Bliss would later join a more traditional and conservative religious group and become a tight-ass prude.
Claire Yarlett 2.jpg

Gabriele

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
The Colby was a Dynasty clone
I would like to see more sex,wild,spy story,adventures,scandals.
I would like to see Bliss more wild,sex party girl addicted with problems with alcool,cocaine...
Perhaps she wed Kolya
He was killed by Russia Mafia on his wedding day
Bliss was addicted to alcool and drugs to forget

Monzo

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Bliss felt like an outsider. She should have included in more scenes with her family instead of living on a love island. Her storyline (a greenpeace gal who dated the nephew of his father's enemy) wasn't bad. It seems that not even übermother Sable cared about Bliss, so why should viewers?

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I didn't find Bliss as boring as some people did, she just needed better story lines. Considering she was the Colbys version of Amanda she was actually a lot more interesting than Amanda was, more animated and not just deadpan pretty. She had potential, I just think the writers weren't sure what to do with her.

tommie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I didn't find Bliss as boring as some people did, she just needed better story lines. Considering she was the Colbys version of Amanda she was actually a lot more interesting than Amanda was, more animated and not just deadpan pretty. She had potential, I just think the writers weren't sure what to do with her.
I just think they put her in as a reserve daughter just in case Tracy Scoggins would quit. That's probably why they had no idea what to do with her - she was literally a "break glass in case of emergency" character.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She looks kinda dirty-sexy French which gives her a bit of an edge in season 1 especially in bed with the unsavoury Spiro.
Unfortunately, Spiro ended up just like our favourite Peter De Vilbis (written out and quickly forgotten before things could get really interesting) and in Team Colby vs. the evil Russians she became more of a standard American soap heiress in distress.

She had a nice bedroom and if I could take one PROP from The Colbys I would pick that tacky neon light fireplace thing and send it as a gift to @Richard Channing.
1630770252953.png

Lovely.

Although Bliss and Koala had their moments too.
Shameless! | Forums for television shows past and present (tellytalk.net)

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Answering the OP:

1630788058172.png

lbf522

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Bliss was a waste of a character. She was like Lucy Ewing and Amanda Carrington. The writers had no idea with to do with her which was a shame.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Bliss should've told her family she was a big fan of Dallas, that would've given her a personality. :)