Which Female Character's fashion did you like the best?

Which female character's fashion did you like the best? And why

• Total voters

James from London

Telly Talk 20+ Years
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought Katherine looked great in her hats and turbans and dressed to kill outfits, but in more informal situations, like lounging around Pam's hotel suite, her clothes seemed a bit nondescript and maybe made her look a bit stiff. I guess she's the one character who was more suited to the '80s mullety era (even though she never had a mullet) than the earlier years.

Via The Void

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I also liked Stephanie Harper's and Jilly Stewart's fashions too.

Rebecca Gilling and Peta Toppano both looked gorgeous in Return To Eden, it was a very Dallas style show.

Hope you all don't mind me posting about it. :)

edencast.jpg

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
For all the attention Dynasty received for their clothes, imho, Dallas did fashion better, at least with Sue Ellen and Katherine. Sue Ellen always displayed class and taste. Katherine was always fascinating to see. Dynasty was too ostentatious that their was a sense of "trying too hard." Although I will say Alexis looked memorably lovely at Amanda's wedding.

James from London

Telly Talk 20+ Years
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dynasty was too ostentatious
I guess that was all part of the "completely sealed off from reality" vibe that made DYNASTY so weirdly compelling -- the fact that they'd walk around dressed like they were on a different planet, but nobody ever commented on it.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This is very gay, but I remember years ago when when me and my best friend were at hairdressing school together. Dallas was being repeated on UK Gold, and on the days we would get home early we would be really excited to get home to see what Pam and Sue Ellen were wearing. To this day if we are going somewhere and I ask him what he's gonna wear he will say, "Oh I'm going all Pam Ewing, purple jumpsuit with a lavender leatherette clutch" it's been over a decade!

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Angelica's fabulous wardrobe was arguably the highlight of that never-ending dream season.
But it was Pam who had dreamed that wardrobe - she had worked in The Store after all - and that's why I also gave her my vote.

I think Michelle was the most fashionable, she could not have happened before or after that.

The clothing and hair-styling for Kristin is one of DALLAS' biggest crimes. She's a natural vixen and yet somehow they managed to make her look like a Plain Jane. Not always, but too often.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What Alexis wore to Amanda's wedding is arguably one of the worst outfits she wore on Dynasty. That peach blancmange nightmare. It looked like she bought it off the woman who made the Queen Mother's frocks.
I laughed out loud when I saw this response! I was going to include in my posts, and I guess I should have, that my sartorial skills are not the best. In fact, just the other day I went shopping for some clothes with my brother and he was horrified by what I was considering buying, so I am the first to admit I am the last person to judge anyone's clothes.
However, I still stand by my opinion of the dress Alexis wore to that infamous wedding. I thought she looked pretty in peach and it was more subdued than so many of the over the top gowns she would sometimes wear. Besides, Alexis couldn't be too glamorous. After all, it's the bride's day. We can't have all the quests looking at the bride's mother.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I laughed out loud when I saw this response! I was going to include in my posts, and I guess I should have, that my sartorial skills are not the best. In fact, just the other day I went shopping for some clothes with my brother and he was horrified by what I was considering buying, so I am the first to admit I am the last person to judge anyone's clothes.
However, I still stand by my opinion of the dress Alexis wore to that infamous wedding. I thought she looked pretty in peach and it was more subdued than so many of the over the top gowns she would sometimes wear. Besides, Alexis couldn't be too glamorous. After all, it's the bride's day. We can't have all the quests looking at the bride's mother.
I'll just leave this here....

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It doesn’t!!!! It’s giving me herpes!!!
Beautiful bugle beaded, shimmering herpes. Herpes wearing gowns, herpes in cinched waisted broad shouldered suits, herpes in turbans and jewels. Champagne drinking herpes, caviar devouring herpes, herpes on a bear skin rug. Herpes wearing Forever Krystle or Scoundrel and bare skin wrapped in sable fur coats. Herpes eating out of season strawberries flown in from Patagonia.
That kind of herpes....

The best kind of herpes.....

DYNASTY HERPES.