Which season would this version of the DYNASTY theme be right for?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why do everybody else's version of Bill Conti's "Dynasty" theme sound better than the ones used on the show?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I always want the orchestrations from S1, S2 and S3 to be exactly what they were.

S4 (I like the increased use of the triangle) should adopt the Mantovani "cascading strings" orchestration from the original post -- which evokes a late-'50s/early-'60s tone befitting the backstory of the show (had S4 been as posh and sophisticated and rarefied as it should have been).

S5 should have been orchestrated with Christmas carol instrumentation -- it's just what the year wanted to be.

S6 should have been orchestrated similarly to match THE COLBYS' theme so a lengthy bridge from the upcoming spin-off's melody could be used when those characters appeared on DYNASTY. (I like the tambourine, too).

S7 should use a Cathedral bells and chimes motif (let's see the year live up to that!)

S8 needs a pipe organ and a men's choir.

S9 needs a harpsichord, piano and harp, and maybe a children's choir for emphasis.

Phantom S10 would do well with something similar to the dynamic orchestration used for the DYNASTY'69 video (above).

I've heard there are online tutorials you can use to create and orchestrate music, but my rudimentary grasp of any kind of technology is limited at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Richard Channing should really do a separate gif meme of Stephanie Beacham's title card -- it's particularly spectacular!

Aww thanks! It is my favourite one actually. I still have all the original gifs from the original thread (before the crash) which went on to become those opening credits: