• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Your dream cast

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Liam Hemsworth

I've never seen his movies, but he's got Baldwin eyes.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, I've said this before: George Clooney as Blake (like that'll ever happen lol) and Alexis Bledel as Fallon, though given her Gilmore Girls reboot, she most likely won't be available. Michelle Trachtenberg is my 2nd choice for Fallon, though at 30, she might be too old for the part. Though she still looks fairly young.

I don't know, I think for characters like Blake and Fallon, we should have more well-known actors for "star power", whereas the other actors could stand to be unknowns who are simply "perfect for the part". After all, Joan Collins herself was relatively unknown, at least in the USA when she first appeared as Alexis.

Although... if on the off-chance they did manage to score Alexis Bledel, I do like the idea of Vincent Kartheiser playing Jeff opposite her. :D

John Slattery is another possibility for Blake, though I'm not sure if I'd be able to see past his Roger Sterling persona.

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fallon was born in 1956 in the original series, which means she was 24 when Blake and Krystle married in 1980, PSM at the time was 27 as she was born in 1953, yet she looked as youthful as she did in Posiden adventure eight years earlier, funnily enough PSM looked younger playing Fallon despite being several years older while Emma Samms looked too young to play Fallon, my point is Michelle Trachenberg looks young enough to play Fallon in my opinion if Fallon is going to be in her mid twenties.

I was thinking of they made Alexis American I think Marcia Cross could play her, heck I think if they made her English she could still do it, MC is a weighty actress (and the best actress in Desperate Housewives alongside Nicolette Sheridan)

Or Gillian Anderson could play Alexis (though she'll most likely be busy with the Fall)

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fallon was born in 1956 in the original series, which means she was 24 when Blake and Krystle married in 1980, PSM at the time was 27 as she was born in 1953, yet she looked as youthful as she did in Posiden adventure eight years earlier, funnily enough PSM looked younger playing Fallon despite being several years older while Emma Samms looked too young to play Fallon, my point is Michelle Trachenberg looks young enough to play Fallon in my opinion if Fallon is going to be in her mid twenties.

Oh. In the series bible it said Fallon was 23, but, meh. lol But yeah, Trachenberg would look young enough to play Fallon. :)

I was thinking of they made Alexis American I think Marcia Cross could play her, heck I think if they made her English she could still do it, MC is a weighty actress (and the best actress in Desperate Housewives alongside Nicolette Sheridan)

Hm, well... I think she'd be an interesting choice, but I'd cast Cross as Sable sooner than I would Alexis. But if she was cast as Alexis I wouldn't complain... too much. ;) But yeah, I think I'd prefer Marcia Cross as Sable.

Or Gillian Anderson could play Alexis (though she'll most likely be busy with the Fall)

I'm going to sound really mean when I say this, but Anderson isn't beautiful enough or sexy enough to play Alexis. (Don't get me wrong, she is beautiful, but... she's not Alexis.)

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh. In the series bible it said Fallon was 23, but, meh. lol But yeah, Trachenberg would look young enough to play Fallon. :)

Hm, well... I think she'd be an interesting choice, but I'd cast Cross as Sable sooner than I would Alexis. But if she was cast as Alexis I wouldn't complain... too much. ;) But yeah, I think I'd prefer Marcia Cross as Sable.

I'm going to sound really mean when I say this, but Anderson isn't beautiful enough or sexy enough to play Alexis. (Don't get me wrong, she is beautiful, but... she's not Alexis.)

Lol I read in the biography of the Carringtons she was born in 1956, Steven in '58 and Amanda would've been born in '64 and Adam in '55

MC as Sable? Not a bad choice, I'd have John Slattery play Cecil Colby and make Blake slightly younger (by a decade give or take a couple of years)

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lol I read in the biography of the Carringtons she was born in 1956, Steven in '58 and Amanda would've been born in '64 and Adam in '55

MC as Sable? Not a bad choice, I'd have John Slattery play Cecil Colby and make Blake slightly younger (by a decade give or take a couple of years)

Oh? Cool. X)

Yes, John Slattery would be a good choice for Cecil, I think. And I like the idea of Blake being younger - gives Cecil another reason to hate him. ;) lol

OH! And maybe, if Marcia Cross does play Sable, maybe Kristin Davis can play Frankie! lol They both played kooks on Melrose Place and went on to play prominent roles in two different yet successful TV series, each featuring a 4-girl-group! Why not have them play sisters next? XD

Amanda Carrimgton played by Emma Rigby - for all those who don't know her (not sure if Americans are familiar with Hollyoaks) ER played Hannah Ashworth in Hollyoaks from the mid 00s to the early 10s
Very pretty actress though might be considered too old to play Amanda if Fallon is going to be older than her.

http://coolspotters.com/actresses/emma-rigby/and/brands/christian-louboutin/media/874614

Oh, very pretty! :D But yes, way too old-looking to play Amanda. It'd be Karen Cellini all over again. How about Lily James as a candidate? She played Rose on DOWNTON ABBEY and Cinderella, she'd be perfect for DYNASTY's blonde princess. :D

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lucy Lawless or Lesley Anne Down as Alexis...

But please, no more Sean Bean or Ian McShane! Enough is enough.

...You don't want Sean Bean or Ian McShane to play Alexis? Aw, come on, man, give them a chance! ;):lmao:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And what's wrong with Kristin Stewart? She has the right age and she looks like Fallon. What more do you want?

upload_2016-10-3_2-56-29.png

Well??

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And what's wrong with Kristin Stewart? She has the right age and she looks like Fallon. What more do you want?

View attachment 403

Well??

Oh, that wasn't a joke? 0_0 Sorry then...

Well, I'm kind've biased against her. Why? Because Twilight, that's why (as petty as that sounds).

*snerk* Though this does remind me of a passing thought I had once of Miley Cyrus playing Sammy Jo. lol Except if Krystle is going to be Hispanic/Latin, then chances are Sammy Jo will be too.

Also, to answer your question about what more I could want: either Alexis Bledel or Michelle Trachenberg. That's the more that I want. Bledel has always been my first choice, and Trachenberg's performance in Gossip Girl, particularly the later seasons, makes her out to be a near perfect Fallon. :)

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Because Twilight, that's why
Alright, but in that movie she wasn't playing Fallon.
She's an actress, all they have to say is "do this, do that".

Anyway, I was thinking about Emma Roberts as Sammy Jo.
upload_2016-10-3_3-29-28.png

Yeah!

And Christopher Meloni as Cecil Colby

It's getting better and better:)

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I must say that Alexis Bledel is also an excellent choice!

But Michelle Trachtenberg? Absolutely not. OMG, no no no no!