LV

Reaction score
Awards

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's almost unthinkable that I've never heard this song before, and maybe I have heard it before. Probably.
But when I clicked on the video I had no idea what to expect so I guess I didn't really know it.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
O wait, now I remember how I ended up with this video in the first place.
I was re-reading/listening this thread (because more and more videos start to disappear and sometimes we're too lazy to mention the artist/song therefore it's impossible to know what that favourite new discovery was) and noticed the song by The New Seekers (Not As Good As The Real Thing) and a few days ago I heard a great song which turned out to be a cover of a New Seekers song and I wondered if it was this song so I searched youtube hoping to find that cover version.
I didn't find it so I guess it was another New Seekers song, but nevertheless I got several other "Real Thing" suggestions including the video by Russell Morris.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
While looking for Christmas music on YouTube, I stumbled across this awesome version of What Child Is This mashed up with Child of The Poor by The Hound +The Fox.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards

because more and more videos start to disappear and sometimes we're too lazy to mention the artist/song therefore it's impossible to know what that favourite new discovery was
I've made a playlist of most the songs on this thread so I might be able to fill in the gap if there's a missing favourite new discovery you're curious about.
I heard a great song which turned out to be a cover of a New Seekers song
Oh now I'm intrigued. The New Seekers do covers of other people's songs; people don't usually cover the New Seekers.

My song of the week is Boody Mover by DJ Deeon:

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've made a playlist of most the songs
Does that playlist....make sense?
people don't usually cover the New Seekers
They're going to be the next top 10 artist, then maybe I'll find that song (but I don't even remember what it sounds like so that's another gap).

Btw, I find it kinda sneaky that they use seventies songs for their 80s youtube channels.

Last edited:

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Does that playlist....make sense?
Do playlists need to make sense?
They're going to be the next top 10 artist
Oooh ...
Btw, I find it kinda sneaky that they use seventies songs for their 80s youtube channels.
And that's very 70s. I like that eerie Dark Shadows sound that recurs throughout the song. It makes me think it might be about the radio Angie Baby was listening to.
I also like 'Personal Shopper' from the same album.

My pick of the week is The Underside of Power by Algiers

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Do playlists need to make sense?
Yes it must, it must.
But my question didn't make sense because every favourite new discovery qualifies for a favourite-new-discovery-themed playlist (but only a favourite new discovery playlist, not something else).
I also like 'Personal Shopper' from the same album.
But Steven Wilson's Anyone But Me (as posted in #396) was cancelled from the album.
He said, well not to me personally but he wrote this on youtube:
This song was a casualty of COVID-19. It was originally the closing song on THE FUTURE BITES, the album was even mastered and cut with it in place, but the delay in releasing the album gave me the chance to re-evaluate and I decided to replace it with the more laid back and atmospheric COUNT OF UNEASE.

My pick of the week
What a great find. And now I've heard it it seems almost criminal not to know it. But life was different on page 19, wasn't it.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Steven Wilson's Anyone But Me (as posted in #396) was cancelled from the album.
He said, well not to me personally but he wrote this on youtube:
This song was a casualty of COVID-19. It was originally the closing song on THE FUTURE BITES, the album was even mastered and cut with it in place, but the delay in releasing the album gave me the chance to re-evaluate and I decided to replace it with the more laid back and atmospheric COUNT OF UNEASE.
Interesting, but it does show up on the thirty-track digital deluxe bubble bath version of the album.
life was different on page 19, wasn't it.
Gosh, that's so true.

To Anyone Who Will Listen by Joan Armatrading (a bit like Abba, it's new but feels effortlessly timeless)

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The chorus reminds me of If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me (although that seems impossible with so many words)

My favourite this week is the Oasis-esque song Brand New Life by Sjöblom