• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

YUNGBLUD

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I can't hold it in any longer, I need a YUNGBLUD thread.

YUNGBLUD is releasing singles faster than anyone I know from the past couple of years. I'm still overplaying his earlier releases and then I learn he's dropped another new song today.

Even better is the news of his latest album WEIRD

YB.jpg

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
His YT channel is constantly busy and I'm still waiting for videos for his last two singles released. Then I found this gem from last November.

And, of course, the message in this song is so relevant today.

Here's the original

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
YUNGBLUD is releasing singles faster than anyone I know from the past couple of years.
I can't keep up with all his songs so this thread should help me out :D

His YT channel is constantly busy and I'm still waiting for videos for his last two singles released. Then I found this gem from last November.

And, of course, the message in this song is so relevant today.
I like this version with the strings and he certainly gives his songs his all, he is a good mix of passion and energy

Nothing wrong in being weird Yungblud and this gives me the perfect opportunity to use a quote from my present favourite song ...

"Take a look at yourself
You may not be the same as everyone else
You're just different, and that's okay
We all follow our own way" :cool1

Recently, when I've felt that I needed a boost of energy or waking up I've found this song helps.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I've watched this twice and love it. It also helped me understand the meaning behind some of the lyrics.

They wrote this back in April/May, I wonder how different it would be if they wrote it in September after all the various changes and confusion from our government.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
It also helped me understand the meaning behind some of the lyrics.
It made me go and listen to the song and watch the video again. The lyrics are perfect for the confusion we are living with and I love the ending of the video, if only all conflicts were solved in that way :D

You might already know this @Ome ? Just in case you dont I will post it anyway.....

Yungblud has announced his ‘Weird Time of Life’ virtual tour for later this year The virtual tour will accompany the release of the artist’s upcoming second album ‘Weird!’, which is set to arrive in November. The tour will offer Yungblud fans their first chance to hear songs from ‘Weird!’ being performed live. Despite it being digital-only, the tour will still ‘visit’ a number of cities across the world from November 16 to December 7. In the UK, London, Glasgow and Manchester are named among the stops on the virtual tour, although fans from anywhere in the world can purchase tickets for any of the virtual shows (each of which are subject to a certain capacity) listed."

"The thing I miss about playing shows is the individuality of every night,”
Yungblud said in a statement. “The different faces, the different energy, but most of all the different cultures. Our community may be from different parts of the world yet we have similar beliefs, it is incredible. I wanted to do a show for as many cities as I could, playing songs off my new album for the first time. This album helped me so much and I wanted to bring it to the fans with all the energy, all the passion, all the love and all the :censer: rage that went into it. Just because we can’t touch each other, doesn’t mean we can’t feel each other. I’ll see you in your city"

I admire him for trying something different and hope its a success.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I love the ending of the video, if only all conflicts were solved in that way
Haha! Yes, that would be so bloody awesome.

Just in case you dont I will post it anyway.....
No, I did not know this and it's very exciting to think about it. I'm desperate to see him live, though we both agreed we would either stay at the back or go into a seating area. I've seen what it's like close up when he's on stage and it's not for me. lol

The different faces, the different energy, but most of all the different cultures. Our community may be from different parts of the world yet we have similar beliefs, it is incredible. I wanted to do a show for as many cities as I could
I love this.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
And he drops another new one

“‘Cotton Candy’ is about sexual liberation,” Yungblud said in a statement about the song. “To me sex and sexuality is about freedom and the idea that you can to lose yourself in other people of all genders, of all shapes and sizes to find yourself and figure out who you truly are. Sexual interaction should not be shamed, it should be celebrated because to have safe sex is to spread love and the world needs love more than ever right now.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
mars

“mars” is inspired by the story of a transgender fan that YUNGBLUD met. Their parents weren’t accepting of their gender, but with the impact and support of the community, their parents started to accept her as their daughter after experiencing one of his live shows.

Damn I cried so hard at this , I’m trans myself and I’m constantly told that I’m not who I am because I ‘Don’t look it ‘ but i know who I am and this songs sums it up perfectly. Honestly Dom you’ve saved my life and been my reason to wake up in the morning so I can’t thank you enough for what your doing. So again , thank you man

Did anyone else cry or tear up to this song?.... man only if music artists could be so advance and outspoken like yungblud the world might be a little different.

i was putting off listening to this for the past 24 hours because i knew i would cry my eyes out and i just wasn't ready for it. and i was gonna wait for the video but then i still couldn't watch. i did now though. and it's perfect. i needed this. so bad, and i didn't even know. thank you dom. and thank you to everyone right here right now, who's feeling like i am, you're not alone, i love you.

As an autistic person who has never been understood or listened to, this speaks to me on another level. Ive always had to mask to fit in, ive never truely been myself. This is such a powerful song and a powerful video.

He is so talented and speaks the truth in his songs yet is so underrated.He isn't just a "punk or rock artist" he is a talented musician who honestly has helped me so much

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
mars

“mars” is inspired by the story of a transgender fan that YUNGBLUD met. Their parents weren’t accepting of their gender, but with the impact and support of the community, their parents started to accept her as their daughter after experiencing one of his live shows.

Damn I cried so hard at this , I’m trans myself and I’m constantly told that I’m not who I am because I ‘Don’t look it ‘ but i know who I am and this songs sums it up perfectly. Honestly Dom you’ve saved my life and been my reason to wake up in the morning so I can’t thank you enough for what your doing. So again , thank you man

Did anyone else cry or tear up to this song?.... man only if music artists could be so advance and outspoken like yungblud the world might be a little different.

i was putting off listening to this for the past 24 hours because i knew i would cry my eyes out and i just wasn't ready for it. and i was gonna wait for the video but then i still couldn't watch. i did now though. and it's perfect. i needed this. so bad, and i didn't even know. thank you dom. and thank you to everyone right here right now, who's feeling like i am, you're not alone, i love you.

As an autistic person who has never been understood or listened to, this speaks to me on another level. Ive always had to mask to fit in, ive never truely been myself. This is such a powerful song and a powerful video.

He is so talented and speaks the truth in his songs yet is so underrated.He isn't just a "punk or rock artist" he is a talented musician who honestly has helped me so much
I have to say that this is the best song I've heard by him, I love it! :10: it actually made me emotional and if this isn't a big hit then I will be stunned.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
He's dropped another one, albeit a collaboration with MGK and Travis Barker

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
He's dropped another one
:yikey: another?

there's no stopping him, how does he find time :lol:

albeit a collaboration with MGK and Travis Barker
Its like everyone wants a part of him:- Dan Reynolds, Halsey, Charlotte Lawrence, etc. This gives me a good excuse to post this song which is another he was involved with. I only came across this last week ....

Times Like These ( Foo Fighters cover) - Live Lounge Allstars

Its very catchy and it reminds me of something else, it sounds familiar. Only, just now I cant think what it is?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
there's no stopping him, how does he find time
And now his album is finally here. So many new songs all in one go, I'm so blessed, this year has had some fantastic music despite everything else been kinda crappy.

Times Like These ( Foo Fighters cover) - Live Lounge Allstars
Oh, thank you, I forgot about this. I remember the week it was released and then it seemed to disappear...

Only, just now I cant think what it is?

I'm with you there. I thought it was very familiar the first time I listened and now it's bugging me what song I am thinking of.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Is this his first number one?

His first album did not make the top 200. Then he got a break in 2019 when he charted at number 6 with the EP 'The Underrated Youth' and like magic it was gone the following week. This is a great achievement and even more so to chart at number one in December, not even Harry Styles could do this with his album released last December. He made up for it by staying in the top ten for about 6 months and still cvonti8nues to stay in the top 40 after 12 months. It will be interesting to see where YUNGBLUD is next week.