Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
“A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." Watching the Star Wars films
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 324385" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I think you've nailed it, Willie. There's a very different physicality to what's onscreen when practical effects have been used. The actors are reacting to something real. We know they're reacting to something real. And that affects how we view it. </p><p></p><p>Sorry to keep coming back to killer sharks, but I remember one of the actors from <em>Jaws 2 </em>speaking about being nervous at times working with the shark model, not because it was a scary frightening shark, but because it was a machine weighing several tonnes moving towards him at speed with no guarantee that it would be able to move in the way the effects team hoped it would. Plus they were on the ocean with all its tides and currents and depths. And the thought of <em>real</em> sharks was at the forefront of their mind. And it all affected what they put into the performance. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Ooh. Yes! </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>If those walls could talk I'm sure they've seen the gamut of emotions. Love and laughter. Tears and sadness... </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I honestly never thought I'd say this, but he's a favourite of mine as well. I may attempt to rank my favourite characters of the first trilogy soon, and Yoda will definitely be on that list.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 324385, member: 23"] I think you've nailed it, Willie. There's a very different physicality to what's onscreen when practical effects have been used. The actors are reacting to something real. We know they're reacting to something real. And that affects how we view it. Sorry to keep coming back to killer sharks, but I remember one of the actors from [I]Jaws 2 [/I]speaking about being nervous at times working with the shark model, not because it was a scary frightening shark, but because it was a machine weighing several tonnes moving towards him at speed with no guarantee that it would be able to move in the way the effects team hoped it would. Plus they were on the ocean with all its tides and currents and depths. And the thought of [I]real[/I] sharks was at the forefront of their mind. And it all affected what they put into the performance. Ooh. Yes! If those walls could talk I'm sure they've seen the gamut of emotions. Love and laughter. Tears and sadness... I honestly never thought I'd say this, but he's a favourite of mine as well. I may attempt to rank my favourite characters of the first trilogy soon, and Yoda will definitely be on that list. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
“A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." Watching the Star Wars films
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top