Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
“A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." Watching the Star Wars films
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Rove" data-source="post: 326867" data-attributes="member: 100"><p>Same here. I walked away saying out loud that was the worst movie I'd seen for some time...and that's saying something considering my love for Star Wars. There was a particular scene towards the end of the movie when Finn thinks he can take on the entire First Order. I was actually hoping he would die because I believe this is exactly what Star Wars desperately needed, along with his sidekick Rose. </p><p></p><p>When I look back on the sequel trilogy; The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker I see them as a wasted opportunity. People wished to see the continuing saga of Luke, Leia and Hans. I cannot remember the name of the guy but he speaks at length on YouTube about Disney and how the new team screwed up the Star Wars saga. Instead of focusing the story on those 3 characters they were more or less pushed to the background to make way for the new characters to shine brightly. His argument was no one cared about them as this was about Luke, Leia, Hans, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2. His point was the main players were separated in this trilogy and unfortunately we will never be able to recapture that magic due to the sudden passing of Carrie Fisher...and I see his point.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Rove, post: 326867, member: 100"] Same here. I walked away saying out loud that was the worst movie I'd seen for some time...and that's saying something considering my love for Star Wars. There was a particular scene towards the end of the movie when Finn thinks he can take on the entire First Order. I was actually hoping he would die because I believe this is exactly what Star Wars desperately needed, along with his sidekick Rose. When I look back on the sequel trilogy; The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker I see them as a wasted opportunity. People wished to see the continuing saga of Luke, Leia and Hans. I cannot remember the name of the guy but he speaks at length on YouTube about Disney and how the new team screwed up the Star Wars saga. Instead of focusing the story on those 3 characters they were more or less pushed to the background to make way for the new characters to shine brightly. His argument was no one cared about them as this was about Luke, Leia, Hans, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2. His point was the main players were separated in this trilogy and unfortunately we will never be able to recapture that magic due to the sudden passing of Carrie Fisher...and I see his point. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
“A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." Watching the Star Wars films
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top