"A recipe from his grandmother... who tragically died in a fire"

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How do you think Blake's grandmother died? Was it murder?

Poor Ruby - which I feel is a name that @Snarky's Ghost has thrown around. They might as well hire him as an consultant at this point.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ruby would be a nice combination of the nouveau-riche sensibilities of the show combined with the old-fashioned names that were common in the South in the late-19th century. If I were writing it she'd get an even more evocative, "Southern" sounding name, but they obviously want to deny their Southern roots even as they live smack-dab in the middle of it.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ruby would be a nice combination of the nouveau-riche sensibilities of the show combined with the old-fashioned names that were common in the South in the late-19th century. If I were writing it she'd get an even more evocative, "Southern" sounding name, but they obviously want to deny their Southern roots even as they live smack-dab in the middle of it.

Ruby is literally what they named her - I'm pretty sure @Snarky's Ghost must've been the inspiration for that. I just sent Josh Reims the names of Minx Morell and Agatha - if they're going to rip us off, do it with style! Plus we love it either way.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Minx Lockridge was a character on Santa Barbara, so they might avoid having to deny they stole it from another soap. Stealing it from a high-brow website like ours isn't as tacky as stealing it from a fellow soap. Then again, there's Bobby and Betsy Gardener, so maybe "tacky" isn't a dirty word to Reims and Co.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ruby was Stanwyck's real name: Ruby Stephens. So I thought Constance's name on The COLBYS should be Rubenstein, nickname "Ruby".

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She was liberating freedom fighters in the Congo, and ran out of ammo.

Or, at least that was she claimed.

In reality she ran this cult called "People's Liberation" and shot her boyfriend in the head when she realised it was bust and fled. Where is Ruby now?

No one knows...