Alexis Rants About Chocolate - Again

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
So I was out shopping today and saw Black Magic and decided to treat myself to a box since dark chocolate is better for me than milk chocolate. I remember having black magic as a child, that was my first exposure to dark chocolate and I have loved it since. I haven't had Black Magic in years though as they only come in a big box. It's not the kind of thing you normally buy for yourself.

Anyways I opened them up tonight and had a few and they taste utterly horrible and cheap. There is a weird faint trace of coconut to them and none of them are actually supposed to be coconut flavoured. I hate coconut. The chocolate is that greasy waxy stuff now like Hershey's.
And such a selection of cheap centres. Where did the delicious cherry centre go? The Dreamy Fudge just isn't fudgy and the Midnight Truffle isn't at all very truffle-y.

The rich heady dark chocolate flavour I remember so well is now gone and what it's been replaced with is something synthetic and inferior. Why are chocolates now made with Palm and vegetable oil? I think that must be the reason for that horrible waxy greasy feeling in the mouth. It leaves a layer of grease inside the mouth. Just horrible.

Chocolate lovers steer clear of Black Magic!

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Rant away, I'm with you. The quality of chocolate has dipped considerably over the years from where I'm at in the US. I remember as a child touring the Hershey factory in Hershey, Pennsylvania when their products had a real taste. The last time I was in Austria I made a point to bring some Milka bars back just to remind myself what real chocolate bars use to taste like over here ....or what I think they tasted like.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Where did the delicious cherry centre go?

oh I feel your pain, that was my fav
When i was little my mum and i on a sat afternon would go over to her brothers house and when we left he would give my mum on alternating saturdays a box of Black magic or Milk Tray

I loved the cherry one from BM and also the strawberry cup and orange cream ones

I used to be a dairy milk holic, now less so, its changed and as you say a lot of choc has and not for the better