Anual Cadbury Chocolate Christmas Rant!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It seems history is repeating itself. I remember last Christmas bitching here about the horrible quality of Cadbury's Roses chocolates. Well now they have gone even further... Initially Cadbury was bought over by US company Kraft, that company has split and now Cadbury is owned by US company Mondelez. Who just cant help fiddling with Cadbury products. Ones that have been well loved for generations. The chocolate was already awful by the time they were taken over by Kraft. No longer using the "Glass and a half of real diary milk" slogan anymore. It tasted more like sweetened candle wax with a weird fatty after taste. Now this new company have fiddled again and the chocolate on a Cream Egg is something Satan expelled from his ass!

The Roses now in their tiny every shrinking little tub, are all the same shape! Why? How the hell is that even necessary? How or why would they want to do that? What's the reason other than to f**k with us? They have also changed the wrappers. No longer that familiar twist off wrapper... nope. All the same sealed wrapper that you have to tear open.

Don't even get me started on them giving a Dairy Milk a make over! What's next a non-flakey Flake?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...-the-wrappers/ar-BBxuUSD?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=iehp

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm horrified by this turn of events. Those wrappers look so corporate and uniform and dull. They're about as festive as the interior of a Volkswagen Passat.

The twisty wrappers were there for a good reason. You knew what you were getting. And even if you opened up the wrong one for some reason you could simply twist it back up and replace it (perhaps after taking a little nibble to be sure you don't like it).

What about the de-stressing element for people coping with relatives over Christmas. Many a row has been saved by the occupational therapy of concentrating on folding the creases out of the foil wrappers and flattening them out. Or even doing something arty and creative with them. What will school art teachers now ask children to bring in to work with?

It's all so horribly un-British.

The universe is topsy turvy and 2016 bites.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
As a Cadbury addict - i am sad to say that their chocolate has changed - and not for the better
and yes choc bars and individual sweets are getting smaller

oh for these cadbury's days!

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What about the de-stressing element for people coping with relatives over Christmas. Many a row has been saved by the occupational therapy of concentrating on folding the creases out of the foil wrappers and flattening them out
Brilliant!

I had never heard of this Cadbury chocolate (apart from Alexis' annual rants) but it appears to be the British variant of the Milka chocolate from Switzerland?
Maybe you could try these instead and boycot the inferior fake-cadburys?
I hope the Brexit won't prevent you all from enjoying the good stuff from mainland Europe.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
well i have had 3 little cadburys chocolates from a box of Heroes
no more Ingot shaped bars, little square nuggets that dont taste as good and in a wrapper
Its just not the same and neither is the taste
PS @Mel O'Kalikimaka
My dad was one of those people who smoothed out a chocolate cover til it was smooth!

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
I saw this last year on the old forum, and I don't really get it. I like Cadbury chocolate! But when you guys talk about how great it was before, it makes me curious to find out what I've been missing! To think that it could be any better makes me drool with hunger!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I saw this last year on the old forum, and I don't really get it. I like Cadbury chocolate! But when you guys talk about how great it was before, it makes me curious to find out what I've been missing! To think that it could be any better makes me drool with hunger!
Cadbury chocolate was AMAZING! So creamy and delicious and just... perfect! I have tasted most American chocolate over the years, my brother would bring it back every time he visited the states and it just couldn't compete. Now Cadbury chocolate is getting to be more and more like American chocolate.

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Cadbury chocolate was AMAZING! So creamy and delicious and just... perfect! I have tasted most American chocolate over the years, my brother would bring it back every time he visited the states and it just couldn't compete. Now Cadbury chocolate is getting to be more and more like American chocolate.
I want to try some non American chocolate! It sounds like I'm being cheated out of the good stuff! But then I might eat too much of it and get fat. Maybe I'm safer this way...