Are you a theatre-goer?

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I often find myself leaving an amateur production with great positivity. As much as I love a big show, I enjoy seeing performances from actors/performers trying to get their break.

When I said amateur, I mean those who aren't even trying to get a big break. I mean those who are doing it just for fun, as a hobby. Those local hobby theatre groups with no real talent for acting, directing, writing, sound-setting or lightning. Those productions that anyone can join.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I love theater and any genre, though I especially love musicals. In Spain there wasn´t a tradition for that until 20 years ago or so. Then they began bringing musicals from UK and USA with our own actors, very successfully.

A few that I have seen (all in Spain):
- Rent.
- Hello, Dolly!
- My Fair Lady.
- The Odd Couple.
- Sister Act.
- The 3-Penny Opera.
- As You Like It.
- Memory (a one-woman show with big Broadway hits)
Etc.

My two favorites were "Rent" (because I knew nothing about it, and was nicely surprised), and "Sister Act" (which I hadn’t known previously either, and in a high school version). "My Fair Lady" was also memorable, though not as impressive as the Audrey Hepburn movie.

I also would have loved to see "Victor / Victoria" and "Sunset Boulevard", but only with Andrews and Close resp.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sad news that The Woman In Black is to close in London's West End after a 33 year run. I saw it during its first year and it was a clever little play although not as scary as many people made out it was. It's the fourth longest running show ever in the West End, with over 13,000 performances.