Solutions
Reaction score
Awards

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What I find most scary about this is that Britain First had over 2 million followers on Facebook which is more than the Labour Party, Conservatives and LibDems have put together. I hate to say this but Britain has more racists than we want to admit and Facebook was right to ban their pages which promote hate against certain groups within British society.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What I find most scary about this is that Britain First had over 2 million followers on Facebook which is more than the Labour Party, Conservatives and LibDems have put together. I hate to say this but Britain has more racists than we want to admit and Facebook was right to ban their pages which promote hate against certain groups within British society.

I don't subscribe to facebook as it became a cesspit of hate and vitriol. When I did subscribe years ago some at work began to ask why I hadn't acknowledged their friend request. It was like a competition had arisen amongst humanity for the greatest number of "friends".

Recruiting over 2 million followers on sites like facebook is easy because it only requires a click of the mouse. Now ask those same people to attend a public rally in support of those beliefs and I'd imagine most wouldn't attend because their too busy on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or just prefer to hide behind the safety of, "my keyboard speaks my truth."

I'm a great believer in freedom of speech and debate. I'm also for public rallies as long as they are conducted in an orderly manner. But once your rally descends into anarchy you've lost the argument. Here in Australia we have the same far right group. But just once I'd like to walk up to one of them and say, "If you have such a strong belief in your argument then remove your helmets, balaclavas and all other face coverings, stand behind your convictions, otherwise you remind me of another group."

Most here would know who I'm referencing. I won't even dignify their presence by typing it.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Agreed. It's used as a weapon and with a simple click someone can delete you and destroy your confidence. Awful place. Hate it. @Rove

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Facebook is a monster that needs to go, I have facebook but only use it to message my closest friends.

Politics has no place on any social media platform, whether left or right wing, its the reason why there has been a.lot of division in recent years.