Has It Really Come To This?

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Today I decided to treat myself to some new joggers and as my local shoe warehouse was having a sale took advantage of the opportunity. As I'm being attended to by the very welcoming sales person I couldn't help listening in on the conversation between a husband and wife. But let me backtrack just a little. When I first approached the wall of shoes on display this guy was already there, carefully studying what was on offer. Like me, he may have begun at one end of the wall and cruised along to whatever caught his eye.

Then the wife from hell came along. Clearly this guy had an idea what joggers he liked but at every turn the wife was saying, "No!" She would then select a pair of her liking and request the salesperson gather the appropriate size for her husband, only for the poor young salesperson to come back and deliver the bad news that size is currently out of stock. A few times I caught the husband (behind his wife's back) give a look as if to say, "Thank GOD."

Husband would then ask the wife, "What do you think of these baby?" Her response? "Nah, don't like 'em." This went on for several minutes until said wife informed her husband, "I'm bored, let's go get maccas (McDonald's)."

So the poor husband left empty handed. Seriously? Who is going to wear these joggers? Her or him? I said to the young salesperson (male) my testicles shrunk just being in her company.

Was he a man, or mouse?

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Today I decided to treat myself to some new joggers and as my local shoe warehouse was having a sale took advantage of the opportunity. As I'm being attended to by the very welcoming sales person I couldn't help listening in on the conversation between a husband and wife. But let me backtrack just a little. When I first approached the wall of shoes on display this guy was already there, carefully studying what was on offer. Like me, he may have begun at one end of the wall and cruised along to whatever caught his eye.

Then the wife from hell came along. Clearly this guy had an idea what joggers he liked but at every turn the wife was saying, "No!" She would then select a pair of her liking and request the salesperson gather the appropriate size for her husband, only for the poor young salesperson to come back and deliver the bad news that size is currently out of stock. A few times I caught the husband (behind his wife's back) give a look as if to say, "Thank GOD."

Husband would then ask the wife, "What do you think of these baby?" Her response? "Nah, don't like 'em." This went on for several minutes until said wife informed her husband, "I'm bored, let's go get maccas (McDonald's)."

So the poor husband left empty handed. Seriously? Who is going to wear these joggers? Her or him? I said to the young salesperson (male) my testicles shrunk just being in her company.

Was he a man, or mouse?
Most certainly, he was NOT a man in my eyes! :fp:

And I just want to give this married couple a big wake-up call (and some good advice): :bang: "If you don't change things around, you will be heading to divorce court ... ... sooner or later! " :hat:

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That's very likely why I have never married-- my possible wife and I would likely have plenty of differences like that one.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And the other two men didn't even stand up for him. Pussies!:D

Maybe she was punishing him for something bad he's done...or maybe she's very good in bed and he doesn't mind making sacrifices...or maybe he gets a kick from being humiliated in public...:)

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Don't sell that salesman short. Perhaps he only SAID they were out of the shoes she preferred in an effort to help the henpecked husband...and to p iss off the control-freak wife. It wasn't much, but at least the HH didn't end up having to wear shoes he did not like.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
You know those really annoying earworms?

I've had this for the past few hours

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The key to a happy married life is for the husband to just reply "Yes Dear" to whatever she says.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Do these jeans make me look fat?"
[not listening] "Yes, dear."
"What?!?"
"Oh, no...sorry, dear. The jeans don't make you look fat."
"Oh, well....thanks."
"It's the forty extra pounds that make you look fat."

Last edited: