If Christopher was JR's som, would you rather...

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If Christopher turned about to really be JR's son from the getgo, which would you prefer for at least until the final seasons:
1. Only Bobby knows.
2. Only Bobby and Sue Ellen know.
3. Only Bobby and Pam know.
4. Only Bobby and JR know.
4. Only Bobby, Pam and Sue Ellen know.
5. Only Bobby, Pam and JR know.

I would rather only have Bobby and Sue Ellen know. Bobby needs her to sign off that she has no interest in the child, as she did in the original story arc. It would set up an interesting dynamic between Bobby and Sue Ellen to have this secret between them. It would also sow the seeds for interesting stories in the later seasons when Pam and/or JR learn the truth.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Only Sue Ellen. I don’t think Bobby could handle it and Pam would have a break down.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If Bobby kept that secret and Pamela found out, you’d have a reason for her to leave him (and the series) when she eventually found out. Better than the crash into an 18-wheeler.
I like this. It would be a really good way for Pamela to leave.

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting question- I think Bobby and Sue Ellen should have been the first ones to know to start with, then as you suggested it would be the drama that Pam and J.R. would later learn the truth. I would imagine that Pam finds out before J.R. and - despite her anger - agrees to keep the secret from J.R. too, who later finds out down the line.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think I like the idea of Bobby, Pam, Sue Ellen and JR all knowing, just for the drama it would cause. The tension would be so heavy, and they could all use that info to blackmail one another and keep throwing it up in one anothers faces. Not to mention the fact that the four of them might also have to work together to make sure that no one else found out.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think I like the idea of Bobby, Pam, Sue Ellen and JR all knowing, just for the drama it would cause. The tension would be so heavy, and they could all use that info to blackmail one another and keep throwing it up in one anothers faces. Not to mention the fact that the four of them might also have to work together to make sure that no one else found out.
It could also bring up the issue of how ethical it is to keep JR from his son.