Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Alexis" data-source="post: 104995" data-attributes="member: 68"><p>Urrgghhh Rose McGowan is horrible. The way she talks about working with a paedophile. Insinuating that it's only men that are paedophiles. It's men that cover it all up. Big bad horrible men. I'm not doubting what happened to her. I can even understand how that would alter someone's perception of men in general. It's just that she's really relishing this role of the female Jesus. Persecuted and here to save all the women of the world from the evil of men. </p><p></p><p>I guess at least she's on TV now and not only in Charmed re-runs. In fact those interview clips I just watched have featured some of her best acting. </p><p></p><p>She's also had this to say about gay men too. So it's just men in general she hates and blames for everything that's wrong in the world. </p><p></p><p>In November 2014, while discussing misogyny and sexism during <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Easton_Ellis" target="_blank">Bret Easton Ellis</a>' podcast, McGowan criticized the gay community for not doing more to help the cause of women's rights, saying, "I see now, basically, people who've fought for the right to stand on top of a float wearing an orange speedo and take <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA" target="_blank">molly</a>. And, I see no help, and I see no paying it forward, and I have a huge problem with that. There are so many things to help and do, and I see no extending of a hand outside of the gay community to another community. And that's a problem for me." Rose McGowan also stated, "Gays are misogynistic as straight men, if not more so. I have an indictment of the gay community right now. I'm actually really upset with them." The characterization of <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights" target="_blank">LGBT rights</a> activism being centered on drug use and wearing revealing clothing in public were criticized as <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia" target="_blank">homophobic</a> or <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transphobia" target="_blank">transphobic</a>.<strong><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-59" target="_blank">[59]</a><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-thedailybeast.com-60" target="_blank">[60]</a><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-61" target="_blank">[61]</a><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-62" target="_blank">[62]</a><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-63" target="_blank">[63]</a></strong> She later apologized for generalizing gay men as misogynistic, but defended the rest of her comments.<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-64" target="_blank">[64]</a></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Alexis, post: 104995, member: 68"] Urrgghhh Rose McGowan is horrible. The way she talks about working with a paedophile. Insinuating that it's only men that are paedophiles. It's men that cover it all up. Big bad horrible men. I'm not doubting what happened to her. I can even understand how that would alter someone's perception of men in general. It's just that she's really relishing this role of the female Jesus. Persecuted and here to save all the women of the world from the evil of men. I guess at least she's on TV now and not only in Charmed re-runs. In fact those interview clips I just watched have featured some of her best acting. She's also had this to say about gay men too. So it's just men in general she hates and blames for everything that's wrong in the world. In November 2014, while discussing misogyny and sexism during [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Easton_Ellis']Bret Easton Ellis[/URL]' podcast, McGowan criticized the gay community for not doing more to help the cause of women's rights, saying, "I see now, basically, people who've fought for the right to stand on top of a float wearing an orange speedo and take [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA']molly[/URL]. And, I see no help, and I see no paying it forward, and I have a huge problem with that. There are so many things to help and do, and I see no extending of a hand outside of the gay community to another community. And that's a problem for me." Rose McGowan also stated, "Gays are misogynistic as straight men, if not more so. I have an indictment of the gay community right now. I'm actually really upset with them." The characterization of [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights']LGBT rights[/URL] activism being centered on drug use and wearing revealing clothing in public were criticized as [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia']homophobic[/URL] or [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transphobia']transphobic[/URL].[B][URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-59'][59][/URL][URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-thedailybeast.com-60'][60][/URL][URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-61'][61][/URL][URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-62'][62][/URL][URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-63'][63][/URL][/B] She later apologized for generalizing gay men as misogynistic, but defended the rest of her comments.[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_McGowan#cite_note-64'][64][/URL] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top