Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="bmasters9" data-source="post: 105977" data-attributes="member: 77"><p>I just saw an episode of the 1958-61 CBS Western series called <em>Wanted: Dead or Alive </em>w/the great, late Steve McQueen that, IMO, is incredibly relevant to these crazy times of #metoo and #timesup-- the first-season episode called "Rope Law," OAD Jan. 3, 1959 on CBS. How is this episode relevant? Well, it's an excellently-done (at least IMO) 25-min. Western treatise on mob mentality in the Old West, and how this #metoo/#timesup bull gipp is sort of like the 1800's Old West rope law of sexuality; specifically, the mob can say someone is guilty of something (in this episode, murder) and deserves to be hung then; they'll usually skip the "hear 'em" and go straight from "hunt 'em" to "hang 'em."</p><p></p><p>After all, even Judge Milton C. Hardcastle (the great, late Brian Keith) in the pilot of <em>Hardcastle and McCormick</em> in 1983 on ABC said, "Hunt 'em, hear 'em and hang 'em-- that's the way!"</p><p></p><p>This #metoo bull gipp, however, is like the lynch mob/posse in that <em>Wanted</em> episode-- the people behind it won't listen to reason, and as such, as I said, that Western episode that I just saw is incredibly relevant to our times today.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="bmasters9, post: 105977, member: 77"] I just saw an episode of the 1958-61 CBS Western series called [I]Wanted: Dead or Alive [/I]w/the great, late Steve McQueen that, IMO, is incredibly relevant to these crazy times of #metoo and #timesup-- the first-season episode called "Rope Law," OAD Jan. 3, 1959 on CBS. How is this episode relevant? Well, it's an excellently-done (at least IMO) 25-min. Western treatise on mob mentality in the Old West, and how this #metoo/#timesup bull gipp is sort of like the 1800's Old West rope law of sexuality; specifically, the mob can say someone is guilty of something (in this episode, murder) and deserves to be hung then; they'll usually skip the "hear 'em" and go straight from "hunt 'em" to "hang 'em." After all, even Judge Milton C. Hardcastle (the great, late Brian Keith) in the pilot of [I]Hardcastle and McCormick[/I] in 1983 on ABC said, "Hunt 'em, hear 'em and hang 'em-- that's the way!" This #metoo bull gipp, however, is like the lynch mob/posse in that [I]Wanted[/I] episode-- the people behind it won't listen to reason, and as such, as I said, that Western episode that I just saw is incredibly relevant to our times today. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top