Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Emelee" data-source="post: 88068" data-attributes="member: 73"><p>Sorry to say this, but I find both of your replies quite sickening and appalling. And it's obvious that you don't have a clue what it's like being a woman in a man's world. </p><p></p><p>No one has ever said that all men rape. No one even thinks that. So men who don't look down on women, men who don't make unwanted sexual advances on others, men who thinks all humans have the right to decide over their own body, men who respect women, men who are sickened when victims tell their stories of being abused etc etc -- guess what? No one is accusing you!! Don't take it personal when women tell their stories!! Just feel what is normal: complete and utter disgust that it is so often happening in the world. Disgust that so many humans feel that they can do whatever they want to other humans. Just react with the same disgust. That's all that is wanted & expected from you. </p><p></p><p>Time and time again, statistics say that men are overly represented as offenders in criminal acts like rape, sexual abuse, sexual harrassment and sexual driven murder. </p><p></p><p>97% is the statistics in Sweden. 97% of all reported sexual offenses in Sweden are committed by men. </p><p></p><p>If a man is sexually abused by a woman, it's just as terrible. But guess what - it doesn't happen that often compared to the other way around. Saying otherwise is 100% bullshit! </p><p></p><p>And I seriosly feel ill when you guys say "feminists" in such a way that you mean all feminists are the same. You hate it when some people say "men rape" instead of "some men rape" -- but you are guilty of the same thing when you write "feminists say". </p><p></p><p>I am a proud feminist, but it does not mean that I feel that all men are potential sex offenders. I know <u>plenty</u> of men that are awesome, kind, fun and far above from using their power to force themselves on others. Most men I know are great guys. </p><p></p><p>However, I have come across a few men that aren't so great. I have been sexually abused by two men at two different occasions. By two men that I trusted, that seemed great on the surface. Men that my family would never guess have crossed the line with me (I never told my parents because I felt too ashamed -- back then I didn't realize that it was the men that should have felt ashamed). </p><p></p><p></p><p>Why it's men that should talk to these men? Well, it hasn't worked when women tell them off. These men who sexually abuse women don't respect women. Of course they aren't going to listen! But if other men step up more and be very vocal about it being horrible to use and abuse others, women might have a better chance. </p><p></p><p>Remember ~90 years ago when women weren't trusted to vote? Women gathered together to fight for their right. But it wouldn't have mattered if powerful men didn't see the error in dismissing women - because we still wouldn't be allowed to vote if a majority of the men hadn't stepped up to invite us in. </p><p></p><p>Comparing sexual abuse to messy divorces isn't fair! If a woman can walk out of a marriage with more than 50% of the assets, then the laws are to blame. But we have clear laws against rape, abuse and harrassment. But if you willingly enter a marriage, you <u>know</u> fully well that if you end up divorcing, you will split the assets 50/50. That is no surprise. Besides, most women work today and brings in money as well. Women always earn less money for the exact same job as men though. Fairness? </p><p></p><p>I am 100% against someone "kidnapping" the children from their other parent after a divorce - I can't understand why anyone wants to rob their child of a decent childhood unless the other patent is downright bad for the child. Vindictive a-holes who do that ought to be ashamed. This opinion comes from me - a feminist. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>If by uber-feministicky you mean that we strive for gender equality, then you are almost correct. There are far too many Swedes that are against feminism. Most of them are men who feel either threatened or feel that women should still be housewives, cook, clean and be sex kittens. </p><p></p><p>But being equality friendly is 100% benefitial for men. Cause when women work...</p><ul> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">they too pay taxes that goes to health care, education, transporting, roads etc etc. </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">men don't need to support the family alone, which means they can spend more money on their interests. </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">Sweden has paid paternity leave from work, as well as paid maternity leave to make sure that men get the chance to bond with their children. </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">men too excel in how to cook, clean, do laundry etc etc </li> </ul><p></p><p>As that perfect meme says: more rights for women doesn't mean less rights for men: it's not pie.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Emelee, post: 88068, member: 73"] Sorry to say this, but I find both of your replies quite sickening and appalling. And it's obvious that you don't have a clue what it's like being a woman in a man's world. No one has ever said that all men rape. No one even thinks that. So men who don't look down on women, men who don't make unwanted sexual advances on others, men who thinks all humans have the right to decide over their own body, men who respect women, men who are sickened when victims tell their stories of being abused etc etc -- guess what? No one is accusing you!! Don't take it personal when women tell their stories!! Just feel what is normal: complete and utter disgust that it is so often happening in the world. Disgust that so many humans feel that they can do whatever they want to other humans. Just react with the same disgust. That's all that is wanted & expected from you. Time and time again, statistics say that men are overly represented as offenders in criminal acts like rape, sexual abuse, sexual harrassment and sexual driven murder. 97% is the statistics in Sweden. 97% of all reported sexual offenses in Sweden are committed by men. If a man is sexually abused by a woman, it's just as terrible. But guess what - it doesn't happen that often compared to the other way around. Saying otherwise is 100% bullshit! And I seriosly feel ill when you guys say "feminists" in such a way that you mean all feminists are the same. You hate it when some people say "men rape" instead of "some men rape" -- but you are guilty of the same thing when you write "feminists say". I am a proud feminist, but it does not mean that I feel that all men are potential sex offenders. I know [U]plenty[/U] of men that are awesome, kind, fun and far above from using their power to force themselves on others. Most men I know are great guys. However, I have come across a few men that aren't so great. I have been sexually abused by two men at two different occasions. By two men that I trusted, that seemed great on the surface. Men that my family would never guess have crossed the line with me (I never told my parents because I felt too ashamed -- back then I didn't realize that it was the men that should have felt ashamed). Why it's men that should talk to these men? Well, it hasn't worked when women tell them off. These men who sexually abuse women don't respect women. Of course they aren't going to listen! But if other men step up more and be very vocal about it being horrible to use and abuse others, women might have a better chance. Remember ~90 years ago when women weren't trusted to vote? Women gathered together to fight for their right. But it wouldn't have mattered if powerful men didn't see the error in dismissing women - because we still wouldn't be allowed to vote if a majority of the men hadn't stepped up to invite us in. Comparing sexual abuse to messy divorces isn't fair! If a woman can walk out of a marriage with more than 50% of the assets, then the laws are to blame. But we have clear laws against rape, abuse and harrassment. But if you willingly enter a marriage, you [U]know[/U] fully well that if you end up divorcing, you will split the assets 50/50. That is no surprise. Besides, most women work today and brings in money as well. Women always earn less money for the exact same job as men though. Fairness? I am 100% against someone "kidnapping" the children from their other parent after a divorce - I can't understand why anyone wants to rob their child of a decent childhood unless the other patent is downright bad for the child. Vindictive a-holes who do that ought to be ashamed. This opinion comes from me - a feminist. If by uber-feministicky you mean that we strive for gender equality, then you are almost correct. There are far too many Swedes that are against feminism. Most of them are men who feel either threatened or feel that women should still be housewives, cook, clean and be sex kittens. But being equality friendly is 100% benefitial for men. Cause when women work... [LIST] [*]they too pay taxes that goes to health care, education, transporting, roads etc etc. [*]men don't need to support the family alone, which means they can spend more money on their interests. [*]Sweden has paid paternity leave from work, as well as paid maternity leave to make sure that men get the chance to bond with their children. [*]men too excel in how to cook, clean, do laundry etc etc [/LIST] As that perfect meme says: more rights for women doesn't mean less rights for men: it's not pie. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top