Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Snarky Oracle!" data-source="post: 88085" data-attributes="member: 57984"><p>Well, <strong><em>of course </em></strong>you do. Because you're stereotyping our responses and commentary. But we're not doing that to yours.</p><p></p><p>It's clear you're not really reading our posts; just reacting.</p><p></p><p>You admitted that you couldn't watch the videos of "that stupid woman" Karen Straughan, and just stereotyped what she was saying as well. Even though her commentary is far more thoughtful than your own.</p><p></p><p>Do you really think feminism was originally about women always being right?</p><p></p><p>Frankly, we're sickened by your being sickened.</p><p></p><p></p><p>You mean not a clue to your raging naivete?</p><p></p><p>And by the way, we never said rape was OK. Did we?</p><p></p><p>And why do you trivialize rape and harassment of men, which goes on all the time?? When you do that, you are <strong><em>also</em></strong> trivializing the <strong><em>rape of women</em></strong>.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh, yes they've said it. And yes they think it. You're either naive or just being disingenuous. Perhaps both.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Your statistics are completely unreliable. They say what Sweden's feminists want them to say. Although the "reported" bit I'm sure is more or less accurate.</p><p></p><p><span style="font-size: 18px"><strong><em>The feminist movement has become evil -- like most movements do and must...</em></strong></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 18px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 18px"><span style="font-size: 15px">Now, I realize [USER=73]@Emelee[/USER] won't read beyond that point, but <strong><em>all </em></strong>necessary and important social movements eventually <strong><em>have </em></strong>to become evil to survive and remain relevant once they've achieved the original, valid goals they'd previously been about.</span></span></p><p></p><p><span style="font-size: 18px"><span style="font-size: 15px">And why?? </span></span></p><p></p><p><span style="font-size: 18px"><span style="font-size: 15px">Once any movement has attained a certain level of cultural saturation and basic success (which they always deny has happened) the movement in question can no longer sustain its momentum and keep its supporters motivated with the same old complaints, because so many of those complaints have been addressed and dealt with. More or less.</span></span></p><p></p><p><span style="font-size: 18px"><span style="font-size: 15px">So the movement <strong><em>must </em></strong>begin issuing increasingly absurd accusations of abuse and inequality so that their followers' instinctive internal response to the wrongness and frivolity of those increasingly absurd accusations creates an adrenaline release in those followers which inspire, energize, organize and motivate them in a way the old, warn out (but much more truthful) arguments no longer possibly can.</span></span></p><p></p><p><span style="font-size: 18px"><span style="font-size: 15px">It's not just feminism that has done this, and needs to do this, to continue onward forever.</span></span></p><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-size: 18px"><span style="font-size: 15px">Oh, totally. Too bad feminism abandoned that years ago.</span></span></p><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-size: 18px"><span style="font-size: 15px">Yummy as pie can be, your foolish point has nothing to do with what we're saying. You're stereotyping us as classical misogynists making classical misogynistic points which have nothing to do with what we're saying. But you <strong><em>have </em></strong>to do that in order to dispense your pre-chewed PC soundbytes. </span></span></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Snarky Oracle!, post: 88085, member: 57984"] Well, [B][I]of course [/I][/B]you do. Because you're stereotyping our responses and commentary. But we're not doing that to yours. It's clear you're not really reading our posts; just reacting. You admitted that you couldn't watch the videos of "that stupid woman" Karen Straughan, and just stereotyped what she was saying as well. Even though her commentary is far more thoughtful than your own. Do you really think feminism was originally about women always being right? Frankly, we're sickened by your being sickened. You mean not a clue to your raging naivete? And by the way, we never said rape was OK. Did we? And why do you trivialize rape and harassment of men, which goes on all the time?? When you do that, you are [B][I]also[/I][/B] trivializing the [B][I]rape of women[/I][/B]. Oh, yes they've said it. And yes they think it. You're either naive or just being disingenuous. Perhaps both. Your statistics are completely unreliable. They say what Sweden's feminists want them to say. Although the "reported" bit I'm sure is more or less accurate. [SIZE=5][B][I]The feminist movement has become evil -- like most movements do and must...[/I][/B] [SIZE=4]Now, I realize [USER=73]@Emelee[/USER] won't read beyond that point, but [B][I]all [/I][/B]necessary and important social movements eventually [B][I]have [/I][/B]to become evil to survive and remain relevant once they've achieved the original, valid goals they'd previously been about.[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=5][SIZE=4]And why?? [/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=5][SIZE=4]Once any movement has attained a certain level of cultural saturation and basic success (which they always deny has happened) the movement in question can no longer sustain its momentum and keep its supporters motivated with the same old complaints, because so many of those complaints have been addressed and dealt with. More or less.[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=5][SIZE=4]So the movement [B][I]must [/I][/B]begin issuing increasingly absurd accusations of abuse and inequality so that their followers' instinctive internal response to the wrongness and frivolity of those increasingly absurd accusations creates an adrenaline release in those followers which inspire, energize, organize and motivate them in a way the old, warn out (but much more truthful) arguments no longer possibly can.[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=5][SIZE=4]It's not just feminism that has done this, and needs to do this, to continue onward forever.[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=5][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=5][SIZE=4]Oh, totally. Too bad feminism abandoned that years ago.[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=5][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=5][SIZE=4]Yummy as pie can be, your foolish point has nothing to do with what we're saying. You're stereotyping us as classical misogynists making classical misogynistic points which have nothing to do with what we're saying. But you [B][I]have [/I][/B]to do that in order to dispense your pre-chewed PC soundbytes. [/SIZE][/SIZE] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top