Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Snarky Oracle!" data-source="post: 88128" data-attributes="member: 57984"><p>But why is the sexual abuse and harassment of boys and men irrelevant??</p><p></p><p>What has to change is feminism's attitude that women are the good people, the loving people, the nurturing people, the victimized people. And that is incumbent upon men -- the bad and the good (if we're willing to admit there are any good ones) -- to genuflect and defer to women and let those women lead the way, then all the world would be a wondrous place.</p><p></p><p>Which is a lie.</p><p></p><p>Some women lie. Some men lie. Some women are raped and sexually harassed. Some men are raped and are sexually harassed. Men do most of the molesting, but not by as big a margin as we tend to think.</p><p></p><p>The world is a complicated place.</p><p></p><p>Most people, and most men, <strong><em>don</em></strong>'<strong><em>t </em></strong>condone rape, for goodness sake. But if feminists refuse to care about what happens to men along those same lines, or concede that <strong><em>some </em></strong>women lie quite a lot about rape and harassment, and admit there are no easy answers like "men stand up in solidarity with the women" against rape and that non-raping men are the only things that can stop those rapists, then those feminists are <strong><em>really </em></strong>the ones disrespecting rape and sexual harassment victims.</p><p></p><p>Rose McGowan apparently took a pay off and stayed silent for years after "HW" assaulted her, when her going public might have exposed him and prevented subsequent victimization (although probably not)... I don't blame her for that. She was likely in a tough spot and thought taking the pay-off would prevent career damage... The problem I have with what she's been saying over the last couple of weeks is that she's now attacking men -- and other women, too -- for not being willing to take their <strong><em>own </em></strong>career risks regarding exposing Weinstein's behavior, when she wasn't either.</p><p></p><p>Again, I'm not blaming her for the choice she felt she had to make. But other people were apparently supposed to take the risk she didn't.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Snarky Oracle!, post: 88128, member: 57984"] But why is the sexual abuse and harassment of boys and men irrelevant?? What has to change is feminism's attitude that women are the good people, the loving people, the nurturing people, the victimized people. And that is incumbent upon men -- the bad and the good (if we're willing to admit there are any good ones) -- to genuflect and defer to women and let those women lead the way, then all the world would be a wondrous place. Which is a lie. Some women lie. Some men lie. Some women are raped and sexually harassed. Some men are raped and are sexually harassed. Men do most of the molesting, but not by as big a margin as we tend to think. The world is a complicated place. Most people, and most men, [B][I]don[/I][/B]'[B][I]t [/I][/B]condone rape, for goodness sake. But if feminists refuse to care about what happens to men along those same lines, or concede that [B][I]some [/I][/B]women lie quite a lot about rape and harassment, and admit there are no easy answers like "men stand up in solidarity with the women" against rape and that non-raping men are the only things that can stop those rapists, then those feminists are [B][I]really [/I][/B]the ones disrespecting rape and sexual harassment victims. Rose McGowan apparently took a pay off and stayed silent for years after "HW" assaulted her, when her going public might have exposed him and prevented subsequent victimization (although probably not)... I don't blame her for that. She was likely in a tough spot and thought taking the pay-off would prevent career damage... The problem I have with what she's been saying over the last couple of weeks is that she's now attacking men -- and other women, too -- for not being willing to take their [B][I]own [/I][/B]career risks regarding exposing Weinstein's behavior, when she wasn't either. Again, I'm not blaming her for the choice she felt she had to make. But other people were apparently supposed to take the risk she didn't. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top