Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 88219" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>You have some strong points regarding hierarchy, and it's even worse in non-Western countries. Just give those women the salary they deserve I'd say.</p><p>But evil creatures, the rapists and murderers, don't care about your money and position. </p><p>They do evil things because they <em>can</em>, they don't need a reason, let alone an excuse.</p><p>And because they look like normal people ("he was such a friendly neighbour!") we don't know if or when it's going to happen.</p><p></p><p>There are laws to protect us, unfortunately they don't really <em>protect</em> us. In most cases it means that the person who harmed you will be punished. After the damage has been done.</p><p>They know the consequences, and they do it anyway.</p><p>And now it's up to us - the "normal men", as it were - to stop this? Like, going from door to door, and talk to other men why they shouldn't rape (just in case they have toyed with the idea)?</p><p>I haven't read anything *concrete* regarding the men vs. men issue. What am I supposed to <em>do</em>?</p><p></p><p>And how does this all intertwine with the #metoo campaign?</p><p></p><p>I'm going to tell you something very unpleasant: most people will fight for their <em>own</em> causes - and it's usually enough for a lifetime.</p><p>Black people are not interested in gay rights (unless that black person happens to be gay), and gay people are very busy fighting their own battles.</p><p>I know it's not the ideal situation, but that's how it is.</p><p>And if <em>you</em> feel there's a cause to fight for, then do it, go for it, all the way (as long as it doesn't become too political correct, i.e. nitpicking about trivial stuff that has nothing to do with you).</p><p></p><p>If you witness a fight or any kind of abuse, report it. I, for one, am not going to stop them because I don't know the context of the fight and I certainly don't want to become the other victim.</p><p>Although I think most people have an instinct when there are children involved. Then it has to stop immediately, regardless of the risk.</p><p></p><p>I wish you good luck with your plans and everything else you want to achieve.</p><p></p><p>#itwasn'tme</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 88219, member: 8"] You have some strong points regarding hierarchy, and it's even worse in non-Western countries. Just give those women the salary they deserve I'd say. But evil creatures, the rapists and murderers, don't care about your money and position. They do evil things because they [I]can[/I], they don't need a reason, let alone an excuse. And because they look like normal people ("he was such a friendly neighbour!") we don't know if or when it's going to happen. There are laws to protect us, unfortunately they don't really [I]protect[/I] us. In most cases it means that the person who harmed you will be punished. After the damage has been done. They know the consequences, and they do it anyway. And now it's up to us - the "normal men", as it were - to stop this? Like, going from door to door, and talk to other men why they shouldn't rape (just in case they have toyed with the idea)? I haven't read anything *concrete* regarding the men vs. men issue. What am I supposed to [I]do[/I]? And how does this all intertwine with the #metoo campaign? I'm going to tell you something very unpleasant: most people will fight for their [I]own[/I] causes - and it's usually enough for a lifetime. Black people are not interested in gay rights (unless that black person happens to be gay), and gay people are very busy fighting their own battles. I know it's not the ideal situation, but that's how it is. And if [I]you[/I] feel there's a cause to fight for, then do it, go for it, all the way (as long as it doesn't become too political correct, i.e. nitpicking about trivial stuff that has nothing to do with you). If you witness a fight or any kind of abuse, report it. I, for one, am not going to stop them because I don't know the context of the fight and I certainly don't want to become the other victim. Although I think most people have an instinct when there are children involved. Then it has to stop immediately, regardless of the risk. I wish you good luck with your plans and everything else you want to achieve. #itwasn'tme [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top