Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Frank Underwood" data-source="post: 98284" data-attributes="member: 35"><p>I like that they defended Damon's stance against conflating sexual harassment with sexual assault, but it was certainly done smugly. Notice the reminders to their conservative audience that Damon is still "loathsome" because of his politics and criticisms of Trump (a guy who actually bragged about committing sexual assault). </p><p></p><p>That said, I do agree with Tammy Bruce that this issue is about behavior and control. Jodie Foster, Rose McGowan, Amber Tamblyn, and other high profile third wave feminists have chosen to treat <em>all</em> men as being responsible for sexual harassment and assault. For all their talk of "toxic" masculinity, it is they who have a toxic view of men. I read up on Foster, and she claims men under 30 aren't the problem because they've been "put through the wringer" when it comes to learning about consent. Funny; I'm 34, yet I never had to take classes to know what consent means. Do people really think predators wouldn't be that way if only they were taught consent? Bullshit. They do what they do because they lack a conscience.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Frank Underwood, post: 98284, member: 35"] I like that they defended Damon's stance against conflating sexual harassment with sexual assault, but it was certainly done smugly. Notice the reminders to their conservative audience that Damon is still "loathsome" because of his politics and criticisms of Trump (a guy who actually bragged about committing sexual assault). That said, I do agree with Tammy Bruce that this issue is about behavior and control. Jodie Foster, Rose McGowan, Amber Tamblyn, and other high profile third wave feminists have chosen to treat [I]all[/I] men as being responsible for sexual harassment and assault. For all their talk of "toxic" masculinity, it is they who have a toxic view of men. I read up on Foster, and she claims men under 30 aren't the problem because they've been "put through the wringer" when it comes to learning about consent. Funny; I'm 34, yet I never had to take classes to know what consent means. Do people really think predators wouldn't be that way if only they were taught consent? Bullshit. They do what they do because they lack a conscience. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top