• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Emmerdale Network DVD

emm1978

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
emm5.jpg

Just had an email from Network DVD, and they say they have no further plans, ever, to release any more volumes of Emmerdale Farm.

Unbelievable...!!!

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think we were very lucky to get 148 consecutive episodes released. I'd take it over the random Corrie episode boxsets every time.

emm1978

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think we were very lucky to get 148 consecutive episodes released. I'd take it over the random Corrie episode boxsets every time.

Surely there must be other DVD companies willing to release further episodes... Knowing their attitude towards the Emmerdale Farm years, I somehow doubt ITV themselves will release them. Although ITV and a Finnish company have been releasing episodes from November 1989 onwards (after the title change).

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Shame. I haven't started watching the DVDs yet, so I'll be sure to pace myself when I do crack them open.

steve

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Where am I supposed to buy them? No Finland site will ship to the UK and ebay hardly has them there.

steve

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
They would if it were Corrie.

Why doesnt ITV have much love for Emmerdale? Really enjoyed the show when it had Frank Tate & Kathy Glover in it. Im suprised Network DVD isnt releasing these in the UK.

Mind you I think its more mind boggling why the BBC doesnt release Eastenders boxsets as everyone would lap it up.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why doesnt ITV have much love for Emmerdale? Really enjoyed the show when it had Frank Tate & Kathy Glover in it. Im suprised Network DVD isnt releasing these in the UK.

Mind you I think its more mind boggling why the BBC doesnt release Eastenders boxsets as everyone would lap it up.[/QUOTE

Do they make enough money when they are released?