Official: Brexit Will Make The UK Less Safe

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If you voted to leave the EU, I hope you are happy with the consequences of the of disaster that is Brexit.

It has now been confirmed (what many warned about) that leaving the EU means the UK will also leave the European Arrest Warrant deal. The warrant allows EU members to request the arrest and detention of criminals in other countries without extradition talks between them.

Michel Barnier, the EU chief negotiator said "Today we know that the UK is not ready to accept the free movement of people, the jurisdiction of the court and the Charter of Fundamental Rights - for the charter, this was confirmed last week by the House of Commons. This means that the UK cannot take part in the European Arrest Warrant."

However, for our useless government of Brextremists, it's more important to pursue a hard Brexit than it is to ensure the safety and security of our country.

BBC News: UK 'can't keep European Arrest Warrant after Brexit'

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I was reading this earlier and thoroughly sickened. This has been brought about by the lies of the Vote Leave campaign, and the racist idiots who bought the lies and voted Leave because they were too stupid to realise that it wasn't just about free movement, but also about legislation, economy and, yes, national security.

Our lives will be affected by the votes of those idiots for decades to come, and this is just the beginning. There's plenty more bad news to come.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm sure Britain will live to regret leaving the EU but sadly by then it will be too late.

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't think its really fair to brand all.leave voters racist, I'm from a family of leave and remainers and both sides had excellent points. However I can recall a conversation with an uncle his reasoning to leave the EU was he felt it was the first time he had a real say in anything! He blamed successive governments from 1979 onwards for ignoring the wider populus outside the London bubble, the Tories of the 1980s took away traditional working class industries and the New Labour cohort belittled the only thing working classes had left a pride in being English or British depending on your outlook.

I don't deny racists voted leave but I wont blanket call all leave voters, I wont take the likes of Barnier and Juncker seriously since even in their own countries they are hated by the left wing, I see the EU as a neoliberal dream, however it could have been fixed over time but we wont know now, one thing that puts me right off remain is the fact that the neoliberal war monger Blair supports it, that turns me off as much as Farage on the leave side.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think its really fair to brand all.leave voters racist

Fair point, and I agree that some who voted Leave had reasons for doing so that went beyond the one major issue which was pushed by the Vote Leave campaign.

But without exception, the Leavers I've had conversations with have cited immigration as their primary reason for doing so. All but two, in fact, have given no other reason beyond immigration for doing so. I firmly believe that the majority of people who voted did so on the one issue, and many of those didn't even fathom the repercussions of their vote for the whole of the UK.

I don't deny racists voted leave but I wont blanket call all leave voters

Sadly, the spike in racist incidents immediately following the referendum has done nothing to quell my fear that at the very least xenophobia was a driving force in most people's votes. Neither have the conversations I've mentioned above with people who voted Leave based on the one issue.

But I agree that not every Leaver did so on racist grounds. That's why I added the qualifier after my previous statement.

the racist idiots who bought the lies and voted Leave because they were too stupid to realise that it wasn't just about free movement

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sadly, the spike in racist incidents immediately following the referendum has done nothing to quell my fear that at the very least xenophobia was a driving force in most people's votes.

I agree with you.

It's also worth noting that the areas of the country which saw the largest spike in racist incidents following the referendum result were the areas with the largest percentage of people voting Leave.