Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 277408" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>I know it makes me sound like Grumpy Old Man, but there is a growing number of people who are so addicted to their phones that <em>nothing </em>would stop them from playing with their little toy. Those things have become a ruling presence in their lives. I will never understand the appeal.</p><p></p><p>I recently saw a video online from a wedding where the bride was walking down the aisle and the groom absent-mindedly whipped out his phone to check for messages. Yes, someone caught that telling moment on video....probably on a phone.</p><p></p><p>In the movie theater example, a lot of that uncouth behavior would likely stem from the fact that so many people were raised on watching movies at home, where such crass behavior doesn't get criticized. Now out in public, they don't adjust their behavior, either because they haven't been taught how or they simply don't care about others' concerns.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 277408, member: 27"] I know it makes me sound like Grumpy Old Man, but there is a growing number of people who are so addicted to their phones that [I]nothing [/I]would stop them from playing with their little toy. Those things have become a ruling presence in their lives. I will never understand the appeal. I recently saw a video online from a wedding where the bride was walking down the aisle and the groom absent-mindedly whipped out his phone to check for messages. Yes, someone caught that telling moment on video....probably on a phone. In the movie theater example, a lot of that uncouth behavior would likely stem from the fact that so many people were raised on watching movies at home, where such crass behavior doesn't get criticized. Now out in public, they don't adjust their behavior, either because they haven't been taught how or they simply don't care about others' concerns. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top