Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Rove" data-source="post: 281329" data-attributes="member: 100"><p>Know it all family friend IT expert. An elderly couple came in today requiring a new computer. They had a list of minimum requirements which were written out by some "family friend expert" named Roger who knows everything about computers. This friend had done some research for them and had suggested another business advertising a desktop computer for $749. I checked the specifications on this desktop on our competitors website so had an idea what the customers were looking for. I spoke to them at length and felt I had chosen the correct desktop computer for them. Our price is $797 for a computer which out-performed our rivals in every regard. They asked if it was alright to phone their friend Roger and ask for his opinion. I said no problems. I stayed with them but when the customer phoned Roger she had the smartphone on speakerphone. </p><p></p><p>No sooner had she mentioned where she was at Roger let rip with a few choice words about the company I work for. Saying that company will "rip you off" and "have no idea what they're talking about." The two elderly people felt embarrassed and the poor lady couldn't get a word in until I spoke up. I said, "Roger?" He replied, "Yes?"</p><p></p><p>"This is ________ and I work for ________ . The couple I'm with lead me to the desktop computer on our competitors website at your suggestion. The computer I'm suggesting here at an extra $48 will out-perform our competitors computer in every regard." I understand the difference between an Intel chip as opposed to AMD and in this regard the Intel Chip will out-perform the AMD chip. The computer your suggesting only has a 256GB SDD as opposed to ours which has a 512GB SDD."</p><p></p><p>"So Roger if you are suggesting the couple save $48 by going to our competitor for an inferior product then by all means tell them that. Is that what you are suggesting, Roger?"</p><p></p><p>There was silence for a moment until Roger asked the lady to speak in private. She came back and informed me he still thinks the other computer is "fine." She apologized and so did the elderly gentleman. Prior to them leaving I said Roger might like to think he knows everything about computers but clearly he doesn't. I felt bad for this couple because this was their second visit to a business today before their final destination in buying the computer which Roger had recommended. They would have chewed up $48 just driving around the place.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Rove, post: 281329, member: 100"] Know it all family friend IT expert. An elderly couple came in today requiring a new computer. They had a list of minimum requirements which were written out by some "family friend expert" named Roger who knows everything about computers. This friend had done some research for them and had suggested another business advertising a desktop computer for $749. I checked the specifications on this desktop on our competitors website so had an idea what the customers were looking for. I spoke to them at length and felt I had chosen the correct desktop computer for them. Our price is $797 for a computer which out-performed our rivals in every regard. They asked if it was alright to phone their friend Roger and ask for his opinion. I said no problems. I stayed with them but when the customer phoned Roger she had the smartphone on speakerphone. No sooner had she mentioned where she was at Roger let rip with a few choice words about the company I work for. Saying that company will "rip you off" and "have no idea what they're talking about." The two elderly people felt embarrassed and the poor lady couldn't get a word in until I spoke up. I said, "Roger?" He replied, "Yes?" "This is ________ and I work for ________ . The couple I'm with lead me to the desktop computer on our competitors website at your suggestion. The computer I'm suggesting here at an extra $48 will out-perform our competitors computer in every regard." I understand the difference between an Intel chip as opposed to AMD and in this regard the Intel Chip will out-perform the AMD chip. The computer your suggesting only has a 256GB SDD as opposed to ours which has a 512GB SDD." "So Roger if you are suggesting the couple save $48 by going to our competitor for an inferior product then by all means tell them that. Is that what you are suggesting, Roger?" There was silence for a moment until Roger asked the lady to speak in private. She came back and informed me he still thinks the other computer is "fine." She apologized and so did the elderly gentleman. Prior to them leaving I said Roger might like to think he knows everything about computers but clearly he doesn't. I felt bad for this couple because this was their second visit to a business today before their final destination in buying the computer which Roger had recommended. They would have chewed up $48 just driving around the place. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top