Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Grant Jennings" data-source="post: 288286" data-attributes="member: 746"><p>I hate that the people who work at iTunes have no comprehension of how to organize a music library. If I add music by Nat "King" Cole to my iTunes library it will automatically be filed under "N", requiring me to edit the album information to sort it as <em>Cole, Nat "King". </em>Like most people who listen to Classical music, I prefer to sort my Classical library by composer but iTunes sorts all genres of music by performer. If I add a piano concerto, depending on the order in which the performers are listed, it could be filed under the pianist, the conductor or the orchestra - but not under the name of the composer.</p><p></p><p>I had to create my own system to sort Popular, Classical, soundtracks and Christmas music. The tech-savvy geniuses at Apple should have been able to program this automatically with the click of a few keys instead of making users edit the information for every file/CD they save.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Grant Jennings, post: 288286, member: 746"] I hate that the people who work at iTunes have no comprehension of how to organize a music library. If I add music by Nat "King" Cole to my iTunes library it will automatically be filed under "N", requiring me to edit the album information to sort it as [I]Cole, Nat "King". [/I]Like most people who listen to Classical music, I prefer to sort my Classical library by composer but iTunes sorts all genres of music by performer. If I add a piano concerto, depending on the order in which the performers are listed, it could be filed under the pianist, the conductor or the orchestra - but not under the name of the composer. I had to create my own system to sort Popular, Classical, soundtracks and Christmas music. The tech-savvy geniuses at Apple should have been able to program this automatically with the click of a few keys instead of making users edit the information for every file/CD they save. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top