Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 295104" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>We may end up with a Christmas situation somewhat akin to <em>The Grinch Who Stole Christmas</em> this year.</p><p></p><p>In <em>Grinch, </em>he decided the best way to stop the village from having their happy, sappy holiday celebration would be to steal all their decorations, their presents, and seasonal foods when they were all asleep. This year, much of the decorations, presents, and seasonal food are either trapped on container ships parked off coastal cities waiting to be unloaded due to labor shortages in the ports, or were never produced in the first place due to labor shortages and oppressive Covid regulations in the manufacturing sector. So it appears there's a bit of Grinchy activity lurking in the shadows as we enter October. The question I guess is whether we will react as the citizens of Whoville and celebrate the holiday for what it <em>really is, </em>or if we just hear endless social media carping about how "Christmas is ruined because my game console wasn't delivered on time."</p><p></p><p>So I guess my "random thing I hate" in this case is that we all know which reaction we will get.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 295104, member: 27"] We may end up with a Christmas situation somewhat akin to [I]The Grinch Who Stole Christmas[/I] this year. In [I]Grinch, [/I]he decided the best way to stop the village from having their happy, sappy holiday celebration would be to steal all their decorations, their presents, and seasonal foods when they were all asleep. This year, much of the decorations, presents, and seasonal food are either trapped on container ships parked off coastal cities waiting to be unloaded due to labor shortages in the ports, or were never produced in the first place due to labor shortages and oppressive Covid regulations in the manufacturing sector. So it appears there's a bit of Grinchy activity lurking in the shadows as we enter October. The question I guess is whether we will react as the citizens of Whoville and celebrate the holiday for what it [I]really is, [/I]or if we just hear endless social media carping about how "Christmas is ruined because my game console wasn't delivered on time." So I guess my "random thing I hate" in this case is that we all know which reaction we will get. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top