Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 33582" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>It's a health code thing set by the states (and by the USDA at the national level), and it applies to all animals who are not licensed as support animals (seeing-eye dogs, etc.). They don't give a flying $%^& if your dog, cat, bird, wombat, or whatever is "so sweet," "clean," "well-behaved" or whatever excuse you present. (They also don't accept the 'cat carrier'/stroller thing, BTW) As usual such laws are in place to curb the behavior of the least-behaved among us, and frankly I don't think it's too much to ask for granny to leave little Fifi at home.</p><p></p><p>In my opinion, this is a by-product of a larger "the rules don't apply to me" attitude that is rampant down here in Florida. I think it started as tourists deciding to cut loose (not follow local rules/laws) while on vacation, and it just mushroomed as everyone else noticed that others were getting away with it and frightened store managers didn't call them out on it. If the laws ticketed or fined the owners <em>of the animals</em> rather than the owner <em>of the supermarket </em>I'm willing to bet the pets would start staying home.</p><p></p><p>A local radio DJ from West Palm went on an entertaining but slightly gross rant earlier this year, recounting how he witnessed a woman's dog poop while in a shopping cart in Publix....and the woman simply removed her dog, pushed the cart aside, and left it there. I can't even. Not only did some poor employee have to clean that up, I have to wonder if they <em>condemned</em> that cart or if they just put it back in the lobby after it got wiped down. I would not want my groceries to be in that thing, no matter how much they cleaned it. It made me more aware of...other things...they might leave in a cart that no one sees and does NOT clean up.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 33582, member: 27"] It's a health code thing set by the states (and by the USDA at the national level), and it applies to all animals who are not licensed as support animals (seeing-eye dogs, etc.). They don't give a flying $%^& if your dog, cat, bird, wombat, or whatever is "so sweet," "clean," "well-behaved" or whatever excuse you present. (They also don't accept the 'cat carrier'/stroller thing, BTW) As usual such laws are in place to curb the behavior of the least-behaved among us, and frankly I don't think it's too much to ask for granny to leave little Fifi at home. In my opinion, this is a by-product of a larger "the rules don't apply to me" attitude that is rampant down here in Florida. I think it started as tourists deciding to cut loose (not follow local rules/laws) while on vacation, and it just mushroomed as everyone else noticed that others were getting away with it and frightened store managers didn't call them out on it. If the laws ticketed or fined the owners [I]of the animals[/I] rather than the owner [I]of the supermarket [/I]I'm willing to bet the pets would start staying home. A local radio DJ from West Palm went on an entertaining but slightly gross rant earlier this year, recounting how he witnessed a woman's dog poop while in a shopping cart in Publix....and the woman simply removed her dog, pushed the cart aside, and left it there. I can't even. Not only did some poor employee have to clean that up, I have to wonder if they [I]condemned[/I] that cart or if they just put it back in the lobby after it got wiped down. I would not want my groceries to be in that thing, no matter how much they cleaned it. It made me more aware of...other things...they might leave in a cart that no one sees and does NOT clean up. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top