Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 34543" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>I've always been bothered by the sight of people (usually older men) making themselves<em> too</em> comfortable on furniture in stores. I'm referring to furniture such as armchairs and such, not the benches most stores provide at the entrance. These old guys seem okay with making themselves a part of the display by tucking in and making themselves at home. At times it looks like eldercare.</p><p></p><p>Today I was in HomeGoods, an outlet-type store that sells occasional furniture among many other things. Invariably, some old guy is camping out in a chair or on a sofa that is clearly merchandise for sale (tags on it, usually up on a platform a foot off the ground, etc.). They're not "trying it out" before purchasing it; they'll sit there half an hour or more, just watching customers walk by as if we're walking through their living room. What bugs me most is that these are pieces of merchandise, and he might very well scratch it or stain it--and then it's un-sellable. And if he were to fall off it or out of it (like I said, the pieces are on low platforms, not just sitting on the floor) you can just bet he'd be screaming <em>lawsuit</em> despite the ridiculousness of the situation. I guess the managers don't want to make the old guys angry (well, ang<em>rier</em>) by telling them to get up. Maybe their wives are so sick of dealing with them that they ordered hubby to sit there and let them shop in peace!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 34543, member: 27"] I've always been bothered by the sight of people (usually older men) making themselves[I] too[/I] comfortable on furniture in stores. I'm referring to furniture such as armchairs and such, not the benches most stores provide at the entrance. These old guys seem okay with making themselves a part of the display by tucking in and making themselves at home. At times it looks like eldercare. Today I was in HomeGoods, an outlet-type store that sells occasional furniture among many other things. Invariably, some old guy is camping out in a chair or on a sofa that is clearly merchandise for sale (tags on it, usually up on a platform a foot off the ground, etc.). They're not "trying it out" before purchasing it; they'll sit there half an hour or more, just watching customers walk by as if we're walking through their living room. What bugs me most is that these are pieces of merchandise, and he might very well scratch it or stain it--and then it's un-sellable. And if he were to fall off it or out of it (like I said, the pieces are on low platforms, not just sitting on the floor) you can just bet he'd be screaming [I]lawsuit[/I] despite the ridiculousness of the situation. I guess the managers don't want to make the old guys angry (well, ang[I]rier[/I]) by telling them to get up. Maybe their wives are so sick of dealing with them that they ordered hubby to sit there and let them shop in peace! [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top