Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 54730" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>Most of the 'loyalty cards' at supermarkets here don't care who you are--that is, they give them out with no real attention to whether the name, address, etc. is a legitimate one. Years ago I got a Kroger card using the address of the Avery house from Knots Landing (16975 Seaview Circle, Knots Landing, CA 90230). No one batted an eye. To avoid getting spammed and/or junk mail, I always gave them fake info....and no one has ever said anything. Recently I had to sign up for that new Plenti card you can use in multiple stores, and they make you use the real info, so I'm holding my breath waiting for the spamming to begin.</p><p></p><p>But this hinges on the fact that I keep the card in my wallet along with all my money, credit cards, etc., so I always have it when I go to the store. I must say I'm baffled as to why so many people (not singling you out, Sarah!) don't keep it in the same place where they keep their money. More often than not, the person ahead of me in the line at Winn-Dixie will start calling out their phone number because (surprise) they forgot their card. Keeping the card in one's wallet--like credit cards--seems pretty simple, and the most productive place to keep it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 54730, member: 27"] Most of the 'loyalty cards' at supermarkets here don't care who you are--that is, they give them out with no real attention to whether the name, address, etc. is a legitimate one. Years ago I got a Kroger card using the address of the Avery house from Knots Landing (16975 Seaview Circle, Knots Landing, CA 90230). No one batted an eye. To avoid getting spammed and/or junk mail, I always gave them fake info....and no one has ever said anything. Recently I had to sign up for that new Plenti card you can use in multiple stores, and they make you use the real info, so I'm holding my breath waiting for the spamming to begin. But this hinges on the fact that I keep the card in my wallet along with all my money, credit cards, etc., so I always have it when I go to the store. I must say I'm baffled as to why so many people (not singling you out, Sarah!) don't keep it in the same place where they keep their money. More often than not, the person ahead of me in the line at Winn-Dixie will start calling out their phone number because (surprise) they forgot their card. Keeping the card in one's wallet--like credit cards--seems pretty simple, and the most productive place to keep it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top