• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Rene Auberjonois dies......

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Donallllllllllld!!..."

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
oh I thought he was great in the Eyes of Laura Mars (one of the few films I like with Mz Dunaway)

he isnt an actor i know a lot about but he has a distinctive looking face and has appeared in a whole varitey of films and TV

RIP Rene Auberjonois and sympathies to his family and friends x

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sad news. I agree with @Barbara Belle Of The Ball, I didn't know anything about him as well but his TV and film appearances were always memorable. Loved him in "Boston Legal" with James Spader, William Shatner and Candice Bergen and I also remember him from "The Eyes of Laura Mars" where he co-starred opposite Ms. Dunaway (as mentioned above).

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Sad, sad news. :( I'm on another ST re-watch and DS9 will be next on my list. That's goodnight to Odo and Nog.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I always remember him as Clayton Endicott in the excellent TV sitcom Benson.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I also remember him best as Clayton, Benson's main comedic foil. I recall one episode where Clayton became so upset over Benson winning some award that he (Clayton) had a sort of mini-breakdown and started behaving as if he was Benson, adopting Robert Guillaume's "Benson DuBois" mannerisms and even showing up to work in brownface (it was ~1984) and referring to himself as Benson. RA actually nailed most of Guillaume's style so well that even Benson had to keep looking aside to others and saying (essentially) "I really do that??" To get Clayton to snap out of it, the psychiatrist had to have Benson dress up as and imitate Clayton so they could have an 'encounter'. It was a thin story but an acting challenge for both actors (but mostly RA).

Now "Benson" (Guillaume), "Governor Gatling" (James Noble) and "Clayton" (Auberjonois) are all up in heaven, bickering over governing that state they never identified.

Last edited:

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I also remember him best as Clayton, Benson's main comedic foil. I recall one episode where Clayton became so upset over Benson winning some award that he (Clayton) had a sort of mini-breakdown and started behaving as if he was Benson, adopting Robert Guillaume's "Benson DuBois" mannerisms and even showing up to work in brownface (it was ~1984) and referring to himself as Benson. RA actually nailed most of Guillaume's style so well that even Benson had to keep looking aside to others and saying (essentially) "I really do that??" To get Clayton to snap out of it, the psychiatrist had to have Benson dress up as and imitate Clayton so they could have an 'encounter'. It was a thin story but an acting challenge for both actors (but mostly RA).

Now "Benson" (Guillaume), "Governor Gatling" (James Noble) and "Clayton" (Auberjonois) are all up in heaven, bickering over governing that state they never identified.

As well as Marcy.....