Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Celebrity Scuttlebutt
Ricky Gervais' monologue for The Golden Globes
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="bmasters9" data-source="post: 199216" data-attributes="member: 77"><p>I'll never get why, when someone is recognized with an award for something they did, they can't just get up there, accept it, thank the entities involved for helping 'em get that far and get that award, and then clear out-- I mean, when Michael Douglas was recognized with that Cecil B. DeMille award at the 2004 Globes, from what I recall, most of it was about his career in films and television, how Karl Malden was an influence on it (and him) w/<em>The Streets of San Francisco</em>, etc.; I didn't detect a single political note anywhere!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="bmasters9, post: 199216, member: 77"] I'll never get why, when someone is recognized with an award for something they did, they can't just get up there, accept it, thank the entities involved for helping 'em get that far and get that award, and then clear out-- I mean, when Michael Douglas was recognized with that Cecil B. DeMille award at the 2004 Globes, from what I recall, most of it was about his career in films and television, how Karl Malden was an influence on it (and him) w/[I]The Streets of San Francisco[/I], etc.; I didn't detect a single political note anywhere! [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Celebrity Scuttlebutt
Ricky Gervais' monologue for The Golden Globes
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top