Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39629603

UK PM Theresa May announces plan to call snap general election on 8 June.

She said Britain needed certainty, stability and strong leadership following the EU referendum.

Justifying the decision, Mrs May referred to Brexit, saying: "The country is coming together but Westminster is not."

There will be a Commons vote on the proposed election on Wednesday.

Explaining her change of heart on an early election, Mrs May said: "I have concluded the only way to guarantee certainty and security for years ahead is to hold this election."

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
UK PM Theresa May announces plan to call snap general election on 8 June.

Because she puts the Conservative Party before the country.

She said Britain needed certainty, stability and strong leadership following the EU referendum.

She previously said that was why she wasn't going to call an early general election: "I think what’s important, particularly having had the referendum vote, is that we have a period of stability... so I don’t think there’s a need for an election."

Theresa May is a bare faced liar.

Justifying the decision, Mrs May referred to Brexit, saying: "The country is coming together but Westminster is not."

More lies, her shambolic approach to Brexit has divided the country more than ever.

There will be a Commons vote on the proposed election on Wednesday.

"I'm not going to be calling a snap election. I've been very clear that I think we need that period of time, that stability to be able to deal 'with the issues that the country is facing and have that election in 2020" - Teresa May, September 2016.

Explaining her change of heart on an early election, Mrs May said: "I have concluded the only way to guarantee certainty and security for years ahead is to hold this election."

More lies, she means the only way to guarantee she will get her nasty and extreme right wing policies through is by trying to get a bigger majority. This is all about the Conservative Party and not what's best for our country. However, at least we will have a chance to get rid of this useless Prime Minister.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
"It shows you how much Theresa May thinks/cares about our peace process that she'd call an election in the middle of talks". Social Democratic and Labour Party leader Colum Eastwood. He's absolutely right. Northern Ireland is at the bottom of her list of priorities.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
"It shows you how much Theresa May thinks/cares about our peace process that she'd call an election in the middle of talks". Social Democratic and Labour Party leader Colum Eastwood. He's absolutely right. Northern Ireland is at the bottom of her list of priorities.

We always are. I have no idea why we are even included in the UK. Totally sick of this.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
We always are. I have no idea why we are even included in the UK. Totally sick of this.

It's an absolute disgrace that Theresa May thinks it is acceptable to leave Northern Ireland without a government for 2 more months so she can have a General election to sort out the difficulties she is having with her own party implementing her extreme right wing policies. I hope it backfires on her and her Conservative Party loses seats. It's what she deserves for the contempt she has for the people of Northern Ireland.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I hope we unite with Ireland asap. I don't anymore to do with her or her party. Ireland is better off out of it.