Theresa May's Tories Get Away With 'Committing Election Fraud'

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Crown Prosecution Service have ruled that there is evidence that Theresa May's Conservative Party made fraudulent election returns but there was insufficient evidence that this was done deliberately so they won't be charged with a crime. This is an outrageous decision.

I fill in a tax form each year and if I made a fraudulent return I'm sure I would rightly be prosecuted. If my defence was that I didn't know I was doing something wrong I would be laughed at.

How many times do we read in the newspapers of someone being found guilty of committing benefit fraud by not declaring income they have or partners they are living with? Courts wouldn't be sympathetic to the defence that they didn't know they were committing a fraud by supplying false information.

The Conservative Party 'fraud' is serious because it means their last election victory was not valid. There were more seats for which they made inaccurate expenses returns than their majority in the last Parliament. This means the actual result could have been a hung Parliament which could have meant no disastrous Brexit referendum.

The system in the UK is rigged in favour if the rich and powerful and against everyone else. We need a Prime Minister that will make it fairer.