TV's Lynda Baron has died

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
5
So sad to hear that another TV legend has left us. She was of course best known as Nurse Gladys in Open all Hours and Still Open all Hours but for a generation she was Auntti Mable in Come Outside.

She appeared in 3 of the UKs big soaps over the years - Eastenders, Coronation Street and Crossroads and gave an outstanding performance as Violet Carson in 'The Road to Coronation Street

She was just one of those faces that would pop up often on a range of TV shows including Minder, Doctors, Casualty, Dr Who, Holby City, Dinnerladies, The Upper Hand and so many more.
RIP Lynda Baron
 

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
44
Aged 82

_123581961_oah3_bbc.jpg


I recently rewatched the whole series and was still in awe of her gusto as Nurse Gladys Emmanuel and her terrific screen chemistry with Ronnie Barker.

She also made a great Violet Carson in The Road To Coronation Street, which earned her a BAFTA nomination.

iu
iu
 

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
39
Sorry to hear the news, used to like Open All Hours when I was younger and she will always be Nurse Gladys to me with Ronnie Barker lusting after her

I also enjoyed her one off on dinnerladies as interviewer Carmel

RIP Lynda Barron

 

Angela Channing

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
52
I had missed this news. This is very sad. When I was one of those actresses who seemed to pop up regularly in different sitcoms and always was on television. She also appeared in Crossroads as a secretary called Phoebe Tompkins. A versatile actress who will be sadly missed.

 

James from London

International Treasure
LV
6
 
Awards
18
Aw. I met her once. She was ever so nice. She spoke very touchingly about Ronnie Barker whom she said was just the loveliest man.

She really did turn up everywhere. I was watching a 1966 Doctor Who story set in the Wild West recently, and who should be singing the saloon ballad that recurs throughout the episodes but Lynda Baron.
 
Top