Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Watching Film Noirs
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 347314" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>I almost went through Noir-vember without watching a single noir (well, except for CHINATOWN). So tonight I rectified that by watching one I've never seen before; indeed, never even heard of it: TAKE ONE FALSE STEP (1949) with William Powell and Shelley Winters.</p><p></p><p>This is one of the noirs that were inherently too light-hearted. I'm not entirely sure I didn't just watch an unfunny comedy. Powell, one of my favorites, was entirely wrong for a noir thriller. His stock-in-trade was an elegant nonchalance; he lacked any sense of urgency as a man under suspicion for murder. This is the first movie I've ever seen with young Shelley. As the murder victim, she was so shrilly neurotic I wanted to murder her myself.</p><p></p><p>Forgettable.</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]42009[/ATTACH]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 347314, member: 5079"] I almost went through Noir-vember without watching a single noir (well, except for CHINATOWN). So tonight I rectified that by watching one I've never seen before; indeed, never even heard of it: TAKE ONE FALSE STEP (1949) with William Powell and Shelley Winters. This is one of the noirs that were inherently too light-hearted. I'm not entirely sure I didn't just watch an unfunny comedy. Powell, one of my favorites, was entirely wrong for a noir thriller. His stock-in-trade was an elegant nonchalance; he lacked any sense of urgency as a man under suspicion for murder. This is the first movie I've ever seen with young Shelley. As the murder victim, she was so shrilly neurotic I wanted to murder her myself. Forgettable. [ATTACH type="full" width="248px"]42009[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Watching Film Noirs
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top