Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Watching Film Noirs
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 347347" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>[ATTACH=full]42022[/ATTACH]</p><p>As in "THE FILE ON...."</p><p></p><p>Hmm, this is starting to look a tad familiar; a gullible male lead and Barbara's character doing her smoke and mirrors thing. Not that familiarity says anything about the quality of the film.</p><p></p><p>Wendell Corey basically narrates the beginning of the story as he describes in detail why he's drunk, unsatisfied and a dysfunctional element at home.</p><p>It's quite a lot to accept and believe since we don't even know this character, but as soon as Thelma Jordon walks into his office it doesn't matter anymore.</p><p>Cleve Marshall is not easy to like but I thought there was something intriguing about his self-destructive behaviour, partially because I didn't find the romance terribly convincing from his point of view.</p><p>The crime itself was a little confusing but the courtroom scenes were entertaining (as per usual), however, as a fall guy Cleve didn't really suffer that much. I had hoped for a tighter and more explosive plot twist. I feel it kinda petered out and I didn't really care what happened to Tony Laredo.</p><p></p><p>It's not bad but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 347347, member: 8"] [ATTACH type="full"]42022[/ATTACH] As in "THE FILE ON...." Hmm, this is starting to look a tad familiar; a gullible male lead and Barbara's character doing her smoke and mirrors thing. Not that familiarity says anything about the quality of the film. Wendell Corey basically narrates the beginning of the story as he describes in detail why he's drunk, unsatisfied and a dysfunctional element at home. It's quite a lot to accept and believe since we don't even know this character, but as soon as Thelma Jordon walks into his office it doesn't matter anymore. Cleve Marshall is not easy to like but I thought there was something intriguing about his self-destructive behaviour, partially because I didn't find the romance terribly convincing from his point of view. The crime itself was a little confusing but the courtroom scenes were entertaining (as per usual), however, as a fall guy Cleve didn't really suffer that much. I had hoped for a tighter and more explosive plot twist. I feel it kinda petered out and I didn't really care what happened to Tony Laredo. It's not bad but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Watching Film Noirs
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top