Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Watching Film Noirs
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 347401" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>Physically , yeah, although I think (young) Lucy was more beautiful than (young) Shelley.</p><p></p><p>Reading about her a bit, I have seen at least one other films when she was younger - EXECUTIVE SUITE (1954) -- and I recall not liking her there either. I'm not sure if she was a Method actor, I didn't see any reference on her Wiki bio; but she had that basic style. There was that period in the late 40s and early 50s when the Method actors first starting showing up in movies, and they almost always seemed incongruous. Everyone else would be giving those lowkey Old Hollywood performances -- or at least traditionally theatrical -- and there'd be that one Method actor sticking out like a sore thumb. </p><p></p><p>That was Shelley in both movies.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 347401, member: 5079"] Physically , yeah, although I think (young) Lucy was more beautiful than (young) Shelley. Reading about her a bit, I have seen at least one other films when she was younger - EXECUTIVE SUITE (1954) -- and I recall not liking her there either. I'm not sure if she was a Method actor, I didn't see any reference on her Wiki bio; but she had that basic style. There was that period in the late 40s and early 50s when the Method actors first starting showing up in movies, and they almost always seemed incongruous. Everyone else would be giving those lowkey Old Hollywood performances -- or at least traditionally theatrical -- and there'd be that one Method actor sticking out like a sore thumb. That was Shelley in both movies. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Watching Film Noirs
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top