Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Alexis" data-source="post: 127490" data-attributes="member: 68"><p>Hereditary.</p><p></p><p>I saw it at the cinema on a date, I'd been enticed by the creepy trailer. It was supposed to be going for this Rosemary's Baby/Don't Look Now/Exorcist vibe. I thought it was awful. Pure trash. But not even good scary thrilling trash. It was incredibly slow, the pacing was terrible. Unlike the film it mostly copies Rosemary's Baby which has the most perfect pacing and is a joy to sit through. Hereditary just plods along. It's a small cast but even Toni Collette and Gabriel Byrne don't save it. The plot is a bit flimsy too. After a major thing happens, a death. A gruesome one at that, there is no dealing with police at all. This horror that happened is just accepted as an accident without so much as an interview or anything. </p><p></p><p>The big reveal at the end was laughable. I mean literally the whole cinema erupted into laughter at was supposed to be the climactic reveal. The director just handled it very badly. The allusions to the occultism were there but they were just not enough, it was clumsily done. The tone just wasn't menacing enough. The paranoia wasn't heightened enough. Yea... I hated it. They should retitle it for DVD and call it Not Enough.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Alexis, post: 127490, member: 68"] Hereditary. I saw it at the cinema on a date, I'd been enticed by the creepy trailer. It was supposed to be going for this Rosemary's Baby/Don't Look Now/Exorcist vibe. I thought it was awful. Pure trash. But not even good scary thrilling trash. It was incredibly slow, the pacing was terrible. Unlike the film it mostly copies Rosemary's Baby which has the most perfect pacing and is a joy to sit through. Hereditary just plods along. It's a small cast but even Toni Collette and Gabriel Byrne don't save it. The plot is a bit flimsy too. After a major thing happens, a death. A gruesome one at that, there is no dealing with police at all. This horror that happened is just accepted as an accident without so much as an interview or anything. The big reveal at the end was laughable. I mean literally the whole cinema erupted into laughter at was supposed to be the climactic reveal. The director just handled it very badly. The allusions to the occultism were there but they were just not enough, it was clumsily done. The tone just wasn't menacing enough. The paranoia wasn't heightened enough. Yea... I hated it. They should retitle it for DVD and call it Not Enough. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top