Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 133081" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>No, this was the first time. I had read the novels decades ago so I didn't recognize many of the storylines.</p><p>And since I love the tv series so much I wasn't very eager to watch the movie, but now it was on YouTube so there was no excuse <em>not</em> to watch it.</p><p></p><p>Some random thoughts:</p><p></p><p>-The class had a president and vice-president, and I thought "how typically American!"</p><p></p><p>-Michael Rossi has a funny voice, kinda like a puppeteer's puppet.</p><p></p><p>-Allison was my least favourite character and I found her narration insufferable.</p><p></p><p>-I had completely forgotten that the novel was a pre-WWII story, and I still had no idea until they mentioned Pearl Harbor.</p><p></p><p>-the acting is a mixed bag, sometimes good and sometimes wooden and overtly melodramatic, but at least it gets the point across.</p><p></p><p>-the score is outrageously over the top sometimes, for example: when Lucas chases Selena in the forest (I actually had a jump scare).</p><p></p><p>-the murder scene was perfectly staged.</p><p>Selena manages to push Lucas away, runs towards the door to grab the log that she would use as a weapon, but <em>just</em> before that she sort of smashes against the wall.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]12511[/ATTACH]</p><p>Which is perfectly normal, considering the panic and chaos - and yet there was something blooper-ish about it. Funnily enough that made it look even more realistic.</p><p></p><p>It was an ejoyable movie but it doesn't go very deep, partially due to its limited duration, I suppose.</p><p></p><p>rating: [ATTACH=full]12512[/ATTACH]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 133081, member: 8"] No, this was the first time. I had read the novels decades ago so I didn't recognize many of the storylines. And since I love the tv series so much I wasn't very eager to watch the movie, but now it was on YouTube so there was no excuse [I]not[/I] to watch it. Some random thoughts: -The class had a president and vice-president, and I thought "how typically American!" -Michael Rossi has a funny voice, kinda like a puppeteer's puppet. -Allison was my least favourite character and I found her narration insufferable. -I had completely forgotten that the novel was a pre-WWII story, and I still had no idea until they mentioned Pearl Harbor. -the acting is a mixed bag, sometimes good and sometimes wooden and overtly melodramatic, but at least it gets the point across. -the score is outrageously over the top sometimes, for example: when Lucas chases Selena in the forest (I actually had a jump scare). -the murder scene was perfectly staged. Selena manages to push Lucas away, runs towards the door to grab the log that she would use as a weapon, but [I]just[/I] before that she sort of smashes against the wall. [ATTACH=full]12511[/ATTACH] Which is perfectly normal, considering the panic and chaos - and yet there was something blooper-ish about it. Funnily enough that made it look even more realistic. It was an ejoyable movie but it doesn't go very deep, partially due to its limited duration, I suppose. rating: [ATTACH=full]12512[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top