Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 318440" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>It's scary how time flies, isn't it? I clearly remember going to the cinema with friends to watch this. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Yes. It felt very much like a pretty lean film that introduced the concepts and a few key characters with an intention to expand on them in later films. And I think it did so really well. I really like the tone of the film which balances the fantasy with a real-world grit. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>You're right about the genre feeling tired by this time. All things considered it was a risky move to make this film at a time when superhero films had descended into plain daftness. It's certainly worlds apart from<em> Batman & Robin, </em>released just three years earlier.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 318440, member: 23"] It's scary how time flies, isn't it? I clearly remember going to the cinema with friends to watch this. Yes. It felt very much like a pretty lean film that introduced the concepts and a few key characters with an intention to expand on them in later films. And I think it did so really well. I really like the tone of the film which balances the fantasy with a real-world grit. You're right about the genre feeling tired by this time. All things considered it was a risky move to make this film at a time when superhero films had descended into plain daftness. It's certainly worlds apart from[I] Batman & Robin, [/I]released just three years earlier. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top