Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 32593" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>The first two Sam Raimi <em>Spider-Man</em> films are among my favourite superhero flicks. Right up there with the first two Christopher Reeve <em>Superman</em> films.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I haven't got round to watching either of the <em>ASM</em> films yet. And now it almost doesn't seem worth it since there's now yet another screen version. All the same, I will watch them both at some point.</p><p></p><p>I was always a little disappointed that the Sam Raimi films never got round to introducing The Lizard, even though they featured Curt Connors, so I was glad to see him in <em>Amazing</em>. Electro looks crap though. I always get disappointed when a character is given a complete makeover for film and wonder why bother at all.</p><p></p><p>To me, Andrew Garfield makes a better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire visually. I'm not sure about Sally Field as Aunt May though. Whenever I think about getting the <em>ASM</em> films on Blu-Ray, I think of Sally Field and lose the will to watch it. Rosemary Harris was perfect in that role.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>It's on my viewing bucket list, but I haven't got round to watching it yet. While I bought a number of comics featuring Green Lantern, I didn't really follow the character when I was young, which may help me be less critical. Hal Jordan is the version I remember best though, so there will be some familiarity.</p><p></p><p>Actually, I haven't watched many superhero films of the last decade. The MCU has become ridiculous with all the crossovers and spin-offs. It's just too big a commitment. And the DCEU looks like it may go the same way.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 32593, member: 23"] The first two Sam Raimi [I]Spider-Man[/I] films are among my favourite superhero flicks. Right up there with the first two Christopher Reeve [I]Superman[/I] films. I haven't got round to watching either of the [I]ASM[/I] films yet. And now it almost doesn't seem worth it since there's now yet another screen version. All the same, I will watch them both at some point. I was always a little disappointed that the Sam Raimi films never got round to introducing The Lizard, even though they featured Curt Connors, so I was glad to see him in [I]Amazing[/I]. Electro looks crap though. I always get disappointed when a character is given a complete makeover for film and wonder why bother at all. To me, Andrew Garfield makes a better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire visually. I'm not sure about Sally Field as Aunt May though. Whenever I think about getting the [I]ASM[/I] films on Blu-Ray, I think of Sally Field and lose the will to watch it. Rosemary Harris was perfect in that role. It's on my viewing bucket list, but I haven't got round to watching it yet. While I bought a number of comics featuring Green Lantern, I didn't really follow the character when I was young, which may help me be less critical. Hal Jordan is the version I remember best though, so there will be some familiarity. Actually, I haven't watched many superhero films of the last decade. The MCU has become ridiculous with all the crossovers and spin-offs. It's just too big a commitment. And the DCEU looks like it may go the same way. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top