Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 332708" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>[ATTACH=full]39401[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Theme-wise this movie is all over the place and I just couldn't figure out what I was watching, but I can't say it concerned me terribly. For the most part I found it an enjoyable experience with a pleasant aftertaste.</p><p>The plot twist (I think it was) concludes the story in a more straightforward 1970s slasher narrative and yet I'm not sure that this is what the movie was all about.</p><p>The flamboyant style makes it sometimes difficult to distinguish between caricature and "as is" and then there was that unexpectedly handsome man moment that threw me off balance.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]39403[/ATTACH]</p><p>The feeling itself - most suitably, given the retro nostalgia theme - had a whiff of déjà vu, too. I believe it echoed my reaction to Grant Goodeve's first appearance in DYNASTY. Grant wasn't the first handsome man in the Denver soap but he looked kinda otherworldly handsome.</p><p>And it's not because this actor looks like Grant Goodeve, it's really only about the unexpectedness of it all. A power so divine indeed.</p><p>He only appears in this scene and he doesn't have a name therefore I couldn't find the name of the actor. He looks very Irish.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 332708, member: 8"] [ATTACH type="full"]39401[/ATTACH] Theme-wise this movie is all over the place and I just couldn't figure out what I was watching, but I can't say it concerned me terribly. For the most part I found it an enjoyable experience with a pleasant aftertaste. The plot twist (I think it was) concludes the story in a more straightforward 1970s slasher narrative and yet I'm not sure that this is what the movie was all about. The flamboyant style makes it sometimes difficult to distinguish between caricature and "as is" and then there was that unexpectedly handsome man moment that threw me off balance. [ATTACH type="full"]39403[/ATTACH] The feeling itself - most suitably, given the retro nostalgia theme - had a whiff of déjà vu, too. I believe it echoed my reaction to Grant Goodeve's first appearance in DYNASTY. Grant wasn't the first handsome man in the Denver soap but he looked kinda otherworldly handsome. And it's not because this actor looks like Grant Goodeve, it's really only about the unexpectedness of it all. A power so divine indeed. He only appears in this scene and he doesn't have a name therefore I couldn't find the name of the actor. He looks very Irish. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top