Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 333299" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>[ATTACH=full]39524[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>CLUEDO meets PSYCHO meets SCREAM* (*as per the title).</p><p></p><p>Meets Big Plot Twist.</p><p></p><p>What a fabulous movie, I can't believe I had never seen it before. Well, <em>initially</em> that made sense because it's on Prime and I kind of expected it to be somewhat new-ish, but the lack of cell phones (and that <em>one</em> old-fashioned cell phone malfunctioning) seems a little too convenient for a stranded-in-the-middle-of-nowhere scenario.</p><p>Since the movie opens with talk about a late nineties murder case I assumed that <strong>story's</strong> present time was set in close proximity to said murder case even though it didn't seem to serve a purpose, artistically or story-wise.</p><p>Even if the movie failed spectacularly, at least I would have enjoyed my twisty and convoluted way to make sense of the obvious.</p><p>I recognized quite a few faces, almost too many, and it dawned on me that these actors had aged very well. Oh, the joys of being clueless**</p><p>Not that any of this spoilt the viewing experience, actually it felt like a bonus feature - as in "it really <em>was</em> an old movie all along".</p><p></p><p>Speaking of bonus, there's a character's background mini-story that could have been spun off into its own movie or series. It's something that could have happened to BREAKING BAD's Jesse Pinkman or a similar, rascally underdog type.</p><p></p><p>The depressing, intricated setting and relentless rainstorm helped to obscure the characters whereabouts every time something happened and it also enhanced the urgency and hysteria, sometimes with a dash of black comedy.</p><p></p><p><span style="font-size: 12px">**in my defence, I watched it in the wee hours <em>after</em> binge-watching the time travel/Western series Outer Range.</span></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 333299, member: 8"] [ATTACH type="full" alt="1659177664934.png"]39524[/ATTACH] CLUEDO meets PSYCHO meets SCREAM* (*as per the title). Meets Big Plot Twist. What a fabulous movie, I can't believe I had never seen it before. Well, [I]initially[/I] that made sense because it's on Prime and I kind of expected it to be somewhat new-ish, but the lack of cell phones (and that [I]one[/I] old-fashioned cell phone malfunctioning) seems a little too convenient for a stranded-in-the-middle-of-nowhere scenario. Since the movie opens with talk about a late nineties murder case I assumed that [B]story's[/B] present time was set in close proximity to said murder case even though it didn't seem to serve a purpose, artistically or story-wise. Even if the movie failed spectacularly, at least I would have enjoyed my twisty and convoluted way to make sense of the obvious. I recognized quite a few faces, almost too many, and it dawned on me that these actors had aged very well. Oh, the joys of being clueless** Not that any of this spoilt the viewing experience, actually it felt like a bonus feature - as in "it really [I]was[/I] an old movie all along". Speaking of bonus, there's a character's background mini-story that could have been spun off into its own movie or series. It's something that could have happened to BREAKING BAD's Jesse Pinkman or a similar, rascally underdog type. The depressing, intricated setting and relentless rainstorm helped to obscure the characters whereabouts every time something happened and it also enhanced the urgency and hysteria, sometimes with a dash of black comedy. [SIZE=3]**in my defence, I watched it in the wee hours [I]after[/I] binge-watching the time travel/Western series Outer Range.[/SIZE] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top