Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 333353" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>It was referenced in the movie, which added to homage feel as SCREAM did it for the slasher genre.</p><p></p><p>Tonight I was in the mood for a good stinker, and my choice didn't disappoint.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]39550[/ATTACH]</p><p>I'm pretty sure I had already watched it on rental VHS and at first I was taken aback by the excellent picture quality of this streaming version. Not that it helped to elevate this film from its rock-bottom narrative. </p><p>So, what went wrong?</p><p></p><p>1. No atmosphere, it has that sunshiny glow of an early 90s TV movie (which in itself can be very appealing, just not for horror movies)</p><p></p><p>2. There's some serious over-acting going on, but that's the good part. Most actors seem to say "I showed up, didn't I?" but it's probably down to somewhat inexperienced actors left to their own devices. This is no excuse for Terence Knox, one of the leads, as he constantly poses before saying his lines - thus out-corning the corn.</p><p></p><p>3. What horror needs more than danger is fear, and there is absolutely none of it COTC II. In the first movie, the corn fields managed to represent something sinister and American gothic, but in this sequel there's no sense of drama or horror connected to a certain place.</p><p></p><p>4. A last-minute plot twist that didn't have time to go anywhere apart from putting two characters in a dangerous situation, including the obligatory native Indian with his obligatory wisdom about everything.</p><p>They also had the audacity to end the movie with a vision of the Indian's spirit as to give the movie some kind of...ugh....feeling? depth?</p><p></p><p>On the upside, it has some nice eye candy.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]39551[/ATTACH]</p><p>He's seriously under-used.</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]39552[/ATTACH]</p><p>She's not part of the plot, she's just a beautiful, nice girl.</p><p></p><p>This was perfectly awful and I wonder how it compares to COTC III</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 333353, member: 8"] It was referenced in the movie, which added to homage feel as SCREAM did it for the slasher genre. Tonight I was in the mood for a good stinker, and my choice didn't disappoint. [ATTACH type="full"]39550[/ATTACH] I'm pretty sure I had already watched it on rental VHS and at first I was taken aback by the excellent picture quality of this streaming version. Not that it helped to elevate this film from its rock-bottom narrative. So, what went wrong? 1. No atmosphere, it has that sunshiny glow of an early 90s TV movie (which in itself can be very appealing, just not for horror movies) 2. There's some serious over-acting going on, but that's the good part. Most actors seem to say "I showed up, didn't I?" but it's probably down to somewhat inexperienced actors left to their own devices. This is no excuse for Terence Knox, one of the leads, as he constantly poses before saying his lines - thus out-corning the corn. 3. What horror needs more than danger is fear, and there is absolutely none of it COTC II. In the first movie, the corn fields managed to represent something sinister and American gothic, but in this sequel there's no sense of drama or horror connected to a certain place. 4. A last-minute plot twist that didn't have time to go anywhere apart from putting two characters in a dangerous situation, including the obligatory native Indian with his obligatory wisdom about everything. They also had the audacity to end the movie with a vision of the Indian's spirit as to give the movie some kind of...ugh....feeling? depth? On the upside, it has some nice eye candy. [ATTACH type="full"]39551[/ATTACH] He's seriously under-used. [ATTACH type="full"]39552[/ATTACH] She's not part of the plot, she's just a beautiful, nice girl. This was perfectly awful and I wonder how it compares to COTC III [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top