Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Channing" data-source="post: 354363" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>Both very good films, although I think <em>The Queen </em>is the better of the two.</p><p></p><p>I think most people know more about Margaret Thatcher so it's easier to pick out things in <em>The Iron Lady </em>that were wrong (for example, I don't think Margaret Thatcher ever wore a hat in the House of Commons). By contrast, we know very little about the Queen beyond her public face, which is surprising considering how long she was our head of state, so it was easier to accept things in <em>The Queen</em> as being believable even though more of it was probably from the imagination of the writer than historical accuracy.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Channing, post: 354363, member: 33"] Both very good films, although I think [I]The Queen [/I]is the better of the two. I think most people know more about Margaret Thatcher so it's easier to pick out things in [I]The Iron Lady [/I]that were wrong (for example, I don't think Margaret Thatcher ever wore a hat in the House of Commons). By contrast, we know very little about the Queen beyond her public face, which is surprising considering how long she was our head of state, so it was easier to accept things in [I]The Queen[/I] as being believable even though more of it was probably from the imagination of the writer than historical accuracy. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top