Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 354366" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>It was the same experience for me. I've generally thought of him as a reliable actor who's watchable enough but who plays the same character (adorably awkward slightly dim fop) in everything. He's still very recognisably Hugh Grant here but he makes it work and puts in a great performance. He was the film's grounding force for me. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Agreed. I love the way it still had those parodic, comic moments that initially lured me into thinking it was going to be one kind of film but which turned out to be quite another. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I can imagine it holds up to multiple viewings. I'd certainly watch it again.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 354366, member: 23"] It was the same experience for me. I've generally thought of him as a reliable actor who's watchable enough but who plays the same character (adorably awkward slightly dim fop) in everything. He's still very recognisably Hugh Grant here but he makes it work and puts in a great performance. He was the film's grounding force for me. Agreed. I love the way it still had those parodic, comic moments that initially lured me into thinking it was going to be one kind of film but which turned out to be quite another. I can imagine it holds up to multiple viewings. I'd certainly watch it again. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top