Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Seaviewer" data-source="post: 355938" data-attributes="member: 57"><p>Atom Man Vs Superman (1950 movie serial)</p><p>Once again no credit for Kirk Alyn, but oddly there is an actor in the list named Wally West, although I never did work out which one he was.</p><p>Lex Luthor makes his first screen appearance and I was surprised to see that he was already depicted as a wealthy business type as well as a scientist. I don't remember that from the comics I read as a kid. I thought it was a later retcon .(Like Vicki Vale he would be passed over for TV and not return until the Christopher Reeve films almost thirty years later.)</p><p>Noel Neil's Lois seems softer than in the first outing - not surprising I suppose since some time has passed from the first one - but she's lost none of her courageous (read foolhardy) spirit.</p><p>Superman still turns into a cartoon when he flies but this time it's supplemented by some "midair" shots of Alyn with arms outstretched similar to what was later used in the George Reeves series. He always ducks behind something to change - even when he's alone in the storeroom - and always lands behind something like a car or a boulder before emerging in live action form. It's hard to imagine even the youngest kid in 1950 being terribly thrilled by it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Seaviewer, post: 355938, member: 57"] Atom Man Vs Superman (1950 movie serial) Once again no credit for Kirk Alyn, but oddly there is an actor in the list named Wally West, although I never did work out which one he was. Lex Luthor makes his first screen appearance and I was surprised to see that he was already depicted as a wealthy business type as well as a scientist. I don't remember that from the comics I read as a kid. I thought it was a later retcon .(Like Vicki Vale he would be passed over for TV and not return until the Christopher Reeve films almost thirty years later.) Noel Neil's Lois seems softer than in the first outing - not surprising I suppose since some time has passed from the first one - but she's lost none of her courageous (read foolhardy) spirit. Superman still turns into a cartoon when he flies but this time it's supplemented by some "midair" shots of Alyn with arms outstretched similar to what was later used in the George Reeves series. He always ducks behind something to change - even when he's alone in the storeroom - and always lands behind something like a car or a boulder before emerging in live action form. It's hard to imagine even the youngest kid in 1950 being terribly thrilled by it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top